TM-33 assembly question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default TM-33 assembly question

I'm putting the main jet back in and I got sloppy and didn't take a pic or draw the order things go back.

Does the main jet baffle go on first, then the jet screws in and holds it down, or does the jet go first and the baffle just slides over the jet?

For some reason, I don't think I'm getting gas into the bowl, nothing comes out when I open the drain screw. I know I have gas to the carb though. These pumper carbs are new for me.

When I had a 37.5 pilot, screw out 1.5 turns it would just die off idle.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: TM-33 assembly question

Yup, the main jet baffle goes on first, then the main jet is screwed in holding the baffle in place. The baffle has a little nub on it that fits into a machined slot so it can't spin around.

When you took your carb off, did any fuel come out of the vent tubes? Was there any fuel in float bowl? Do the floats move up and down smoothly? Clean everything out and make sure the fuel line leading to the carb and both vent tubesare not plugged or kinked. Gently move the floats up and down and make sure the float valve moves with them. Make sure the float level is correct. That's really the only things that would keep fuel from entering the carb, especially if your sure that fuelis coming out of the petcock.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

The two pink or red tubes that point down are vent lines there is one spigot that points up this is the fuel inlet. The baffel goes aginst the carb body then the main jet screws in to the needle jet. Check the accelerator pump make sure the spring is in the cavity first then the piston. The float should work up & down free as well as the float needle. Attach the fuel line to the upright spigot turn on the fuel at the fuel valve there should be gas at the float bowlerotate the wheel that opens the throttle several times to see if gas comes out of the accelerator nossel if there is gas reinstall the carb it should run if not contact me at 316-640-3629.
Bill

Old 07-13-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Bill, I tried replying to mustang on the 11th, hopefully it works now. Whomever hosts' this site should be fired.

On of my questions was, I know the spring goes in first, but the pump piston has a "bump" on each end, one smaller in diameter than the other. Which one faces the spring or which end faces the pump rod?

I'm pretty sure I have the baffle and main jet correct. I know I'm getting fuel to the carb.

Attach the fuel line to the upright spigot turn on the fuel at the fuel valve there should be gas at the float bowlerotate the wheel that opens the throttle several times to see if gas comes out of the accelerator nossel if there is gas reinstall the carb it should run if

Old 07-14-2008, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

The smalldiameter endgoes toward the spring.