Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

thats great lol

Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
I was a postie for 20 years, they are Honda CT110's specially made for Aussie Post they don't have the dual range gearbox and they have other mods to suit delivering the mail. I'm afraid like me Deej cannot ride them for Aus Post cause they now have a 90kg weight limit for riders. That came in just as I finished working for them.

Have a look at this thread

www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339550
Hey Gary how's it going over there, or under there or something like that. Thanks for the link, I looked at all the pics in that thread. I just love when I see people having fun on any bike. Its really not what you ride, but rather having a blast riding period. Looks like those guys had a lot of fun. Thanks again.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
That's not nice....I think.

Besides here is one from this past summer during the MSF class I held out here.

Don't laugh

Deej, Deej, Deej, you put up that pictures and THEN TELL US
not to laugh, c'mon, your killing me here buddy !!
Happy Holly-daze !!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
We could do with a few more posties down here.LOL
The best part is you get to ride one of these every day and get paid to ride wherever you like.
That sounds kind of fun actually. I use a Dodge Caravan on my route. I drive to around 10 parking points, and get out and walk. Not near as fun, but at least it has a heater, a/c, and a stereo.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Tis the season. So I just put on more clothes for the ride. Gate guard asked me once if I was okay. Making sure I wasn't drinking, on any drugs, or mentally instable. Because only those folks would dare to take a ride in 10*F weather.

Just because its cold, doesn't mean to stop riding.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

I went out riding using my dad's old black "Michelin Man" lookin coat over my riding gear. Not stylish, but warm. I couldn't see anything in the mirrors, lol, that made me kind of uncomfortable. My hands got cold through the gloves, and it was no where near as cold as 10 degrees, so I would have to get better cold weather apparel to try that.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Long johns and a thinsulate jacket with windshear, leather kevlar thinsulate gloves have had me out riding in the cold. Get alot of strange looks from people, but they just don't realize how all your troubles disapear while riding.
Happy Holidays!

Old 12-26-2008, 05:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
That's not nice....I think.
Bro you just got big bones.

Although your genetic makeup may not be perfectly aligned for a mx rider.....I bet you are great to have around during a bar fight.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:42 PM
1st Gear Member

They have fights in bars....? Who'd of thunk it.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well we don't have bars here in Forks anymore, although we used to have 3. I don't go to bars anyway, well once when my first wife left and I was depressed, and finally the last fight I got into was in 6th grade, and I can't remember who won. But if there is an eating contest then I will take one for the team.

Actually I went back on the Atkins diet last Thursday, I plan on dropping 70 lbs and never looking back. Wish me luck, because its hard opening up the cupboard and seeing all those chips. And coffee with out flavored creamer is worse that not having a bike to ride. Oh well, I decided that after my Uncle died a couple of weeks ago, and the fact that I am looking like him and headed down the same path, it was time for a change. So bring on the all meat diet, it worked 4 years ago, and it will work again.

But the difference this time is that I can't go back to eating what I avoided ever again. Mmmmmmm Bacon and cabbage.

Name:  PC258550.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  84.6 KB

Quick Reply: Tis the season to be jolly.:D