Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tires

Thanks Brian, thats what I figured.....that's where I been buying tires. I justhoped these young guys may know sumthin. But I guess not.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fireroad

+1 on bridgestone. After the ford explorer rollover problems they dumped a ton of money into research and they have the most technologically advanced truck tires on the market (the deuler revo). I've got a set on my truck and love them, but when they wear out I'm going back to the king, the BFG all-terain tko!
Iput the Revos on my Durango. The're awesome! Bridgestone used to be great some 20 years ago but went down hill went the merged with Firestone (the rollover problems). But they made a great comback. I think I'll get them again when the time comes.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sid Post

It sounds like the AC-10 is the best of all worlds.
[ul][*]Good asphalt tire life[*]Good asphalt traction for all road surfaces[*]Good off road traction too![/ul]
Is the front tire a little skinner on these tires for a specific reason or, is it just that it isn't made in our size and width?
I agree with the AC-10 for the rear but I'm not so sure I like the front. Itdoesn't look like it wouldbe very good on the pavement.Ionly have1100 miles so I'm going to keep the stock front for a while. But the rear is showing waymore wear than I like for dirt.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Itdoesn't look like it wouldbe very good on the pavement.
My thoughts also on seeing the pics of the front.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

I rode on the AC-10s on about five miles of wet pavement (while raining) today after my trail ride. I was suprised that they stuck so well. My guess is that they had been roughened up after all of the rock terrain of the day. They seemed to feel better today than when they were newon dry pavement. (low pressure 13psi may have something to do with it too)

I have noticed that they do wear fairly quickly. The front seems to dive in the loose stuff though.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I have 1000 miles on my OEM D603's, and the rear is 75% worn out. The front appears to be barely worn at all. I noticed the D606's are not produced in the original size. Should I go with the 120/90/18 for the rear? I assume it's a bit wider, and a bit lower sidewall profile. Will it "mate" OK with the stock D603 on the front? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: N3WWL
I have 1000 miles on my OEM D603's, and the rear is 75% worn out. The front appears to be barely worn at all. I noticed the D606's are not produced in the original size. Should I go with the 120/90/18 for the rear? I assume it's a bit wider, and a bit lower sidewall profile. Will it "mate" OK with the stock D603 on the front? Thanks in advance for any comments.
From what I remember the stock tire is a 100/100 or 100 mm high....your tire will be 108 mm high (90% of 120), I am currently running a 120/100 but I'm switching to a 110 wide with 100% ratio. I don't think a 120 is the best choice for our bike just due to the added weight and lack of hp. The added bike height from the 120 tire and the raising link I installed seemed to increase steering response a little, but I raised the forks right to the limit.However, I have washed out the front a few times in mud......but that may be operator error.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

The 606 will be both taller and wider, nearly an inch taller from a worn out stocker if I remember Deej's quote correctly.

I agree with Mooredan, they handle the pavement quite well, but that skinny front can bite you in the soft stuff. I'm not sure what combo I will try after these wear out.

So far I've found that aggressive ***** like the Kenda 776 and the Michelin both like pressure around 15 psi both on and offroad. More than that and the center ***** will disappear on the 776, and I mean in a hurry! Lower offroad helps but I don't have rim locks, so 15 front and rear keeps me going pretty well and the tread seems to wear better.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I really didn't read the whole thread, so insert disclaimer here................

I went with Kenda Trakmaster front/rear, and They increased my skill level 2 steps over night.

They are far superior than stock and since they are the only tire I have tried, my opinion may be biased.
I am new to the sport BUT I have been getting increasingly better every time I get out there.
I attribute MOST of this to the tire and some to just getting out there and doing it.

The most aggressive tire tread you can handle is the way to go IMO......also, the Kenda's are notas bad as I've heard on the street. I ride 15 miles to the trails riding well over 50mph and never had a problem..YET!!!! For the money,the increased performance and the confidence I got over night.....I am VERY,VERY happy with my purchase!

Dave

Old 04-03-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Not to dig up an old thread,...BUT....what sizes are you guys buying the Trek master in and what sizes are you buying the AC-10 in?

I am AWESOME with car tires sizes, but Iam lost on dirtbike tire sizes..lol

I still ahve the stock front tire, and I'm leaning toward the AC-10..any resons I shouldnt do so?

Quick Reply: Tires