Tire dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Tire dilemma

Ok guys, i need to get a new back tire and front tire. I think im gonna get the dunlop 606. Im really having a hard time with the rear tire though, because if i got out alot next summer with some contacts that i have made here at the end of the summer i will need a more aggressive tire, but for around my house and the riding i do by myself i wont need that aggressive of a tire... the kenda 270 did good for me.... i dont want to get that one again. I am thinking about the 606 but worried it wont be aggressive enough for some of the stuff id be doing with a few of the guys im gonna be riding with next year... and the trak master looks too aggresive for all the road riding i do... id say i do 50/50, but when im in the dirt, its the mud... not hard packed dirt, so i need a good tire... i was lookin on dunlops site... and a few of these other ones sparked my interest.

So guys im asking for every ones opinion on what i should get, and what luck you have had with some tires. Tire wear also plays a factor in it, i got lik 3200 out of the kenda 270, and i dont wanna spend an arm and leg on a tire eiter.... [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 10-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Default RE: Tire dilemma

i have the trak master 760 on the rear. it is a little rough on the road, but not that bad. i think the front has a lot to do with the handling on road. you might try a less aggressive in the front and more in the back for the mud and street. i have a pirrelli knobby on the front and it sucks on road. feels real shakey at high speeds. so maybe a 606 front and trak master rear??

Old 10-27-2006, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah this is a sticky situation. But if it was me i would get a good 50/50 dual sport tire in the front and than go a agressive rear tire
so that you handle on the road but at the same time you get the power to the ground in the mud off road. I would not go with a kenda track master in the
back they are scary on the road. It is hard to stop. thoose tires for the rear would do the job. and then you should put a kings tire on the front
and yo;u should be good. you just got to try some. And with the arm and the leg thing. I can relate tires are just to exspensive. hope you find what you need.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:35 PM
1st Gear Member

if you find a good combo of tires that fits this bike. And does 70/30 on and off road then i want to here som feed bacj because i am looking
for tires and i just do not know what to look for. i am just thinking of just putting kings tires all around. Everyone else would be appreciated to thanks.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

What do you mean Kings tires?

Im leaning to a complete set of dunlop 606's.... or maybe a chen shin c858 in back and the 606 up front

Old 10-27-2006, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Bridgestone TW302/301 On my second, changed the first one with 4000 miles on it. Great for my PNW riding.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

How much does that cost.... i think i remember someone posting about that tire.. but it was expensive....
ORIGINAL: a16tony

Bridgestone TW302/301 On my second, changed the first one with 4000 miles on it. Great for my PNW riding.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

How much does that cost.... i think i remember someone posting about that tire.. but it was expensive....
ORIGINAL: a16tony

$75 each, but well worth it mileage wise. I hate changing tires.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thats a little steep... almost double the cost of some tires... i dont mind changing the tires... the first time i did it i had it off and back on with in an hour... is that tire good off road in wet soft mud?

Old 10-27-2006, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay man... you are in the same boat I have been in for a very long time until I finaly went with the D606. I have been very happy with it.... It may not look aggressive on the computer but when you get it home and put the thing on you will be pleased. It still has a nice little hummm on the road with great traction... off road it is even better. I do alot of mud and sand riding were I need alot of traction in the sand.... If you saw my picture of my bike deep in the sand you can understand. I am now looking for a great sand tire, but I have kinda put that off since I will not be riding for a very long time. So I'm gonna wait untill I get back and see what kinda of muck I will be able to get into at my next duty station.... All in All go with the Dulop 606... in the rear but if you like more traction in the sand you might have to go a bit more aggressive in the front... and I have some ideas but havent decided on one myself.. good luck in what ever you decide...

Take a look at the old and new dunlop..
Name:  GarysKawasaki060406027.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  GarysKawasaki060406025.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  GarysKawasaki060406024.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  53.2 KB

It stands a bit taller then the original and makes the bike sit higher... which I really like.

Quick Reply: Tire dilemma