Time to update

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Time to update

I've finally decided on what to do about the limited power on the KLX. As much as I like to upgrade to a 351cc kit, I prefer to leave it as a 250cc. So my plan is to make a better KLX250. First, upgrade the carb's jet for more fuel (and prepare for 10% ethonal fuel). And then upgrade the intake snorkle for more air flow for the increased fuel and better top-end performance.

The Dynojet kit I will be ordering is part # 2152.
One question, which snorkle to order. I heard to get a KDX snorkle, but which one?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats basically what I have recently done, but dont worry about the snorkle, just remove and leave off the airbox lid. My bike runs like it should have from the factory now. It's a huge difference even though I havent installed an aftermarket exhaust yet!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, I forgot to add also a Twin Air filter.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Learjet, I just did mine today. Read my post "Carb diaphram in hot water" posted today and you can see what I did. Here is a link to a tread that I used in helping me do the mod. https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...lx250s+exhaust The Kawasaki part # for the snorkle I used is 14073-1577. You can just remove the snorkle but I wanted a bit better protection for river crossings. You won't be disappointed, I sure wasnt! I'm still using the stock air filter for now and will remove the back fire screen in the air box when I change filters.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I saw that post. After seeing the snorkle difference, was one of the reason why I swapping it out. I still want the snorkle for the same reason, river crossings. But I'm leaving the air injection pump and crankcase breather as is.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

To Dynojet users: Previous threads regarding what jet kit to use have mostly recommended the 2206 kit for the KLX300. It has sounded like this kit is the one to use to get the most power out of the KLX, is this still the concensus?

Old 02-28-2010, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes it is .

Old 02-28-2010, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I believe people here use the KDX200 snorkel to replace the stock one.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't even worry about the snorkle.. Just take the lid off.. It won't matter with water crossings.. If you go high enough to get over the airbox lid you're not going to make it anyways

I've done water crossings that came up to the seat with no probs.

Leaving the snorkel will go against your goal of more power!

Old 02-28-2010, 03:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I went out trail riding a few weeks ago during a heavy rain. There were no river crossings but lots of big puddles and streamlets on the trails. Well, when I had the seat off a few days later, I could clearly see where muddy water had run across the top of the air box. I still have the stock snorkle on, but if I had removed it the water would have trickled in right on top of the filter element. Maybe not a disaster, but I'd rather not have muddy water dribbling into a running engine.

Quick Reply: Time to update