Time to sell my little piece of joy

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:33 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Time to sell my little piece of joy

Hey all, it's been a few weeks since i posted last. This is mainly due to the fact that since my last thread on getting opinions on a KLX450, i've decided to purchase one but i need to sell mine first.
The dealer i had lined up a valuation with on mine gave me a good price but ended up selling the ex-demo on me and they were the only dealer willing to give me a good trade in price. Anyhow to cut a long story short, i've listed my bike on ebay so if anyone knows anyone that is looking for a really nice (lives in Austrtalia) and well maintained bike please direct them my ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=170362387358
Cheers
Nick

Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Good luck with the sale.
Post a few close ups of the Megacycle.
I didn't know you could get a Megacycle slip on.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude Good luck with your sale... Cant Wait to see what you do with the 450 : )

Old 07-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Nick good luck with the sale. I see in your ad that you replaced the cam chain.........are we supposed to do that? I'm now at 12,300 miles. I figure that if its made it this far, then it gonna last forever.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh and I see that you also have a new rear tyre..........uhhhhh what's a tyre man? Just messing with ya, besides if you didn't get picked on then you would think we didn't care. Hey at least you're looking at another Kawi, and not a KTM. We don't need any more across the board traitors around here.

Disclaimer, Brian (NoBrakes) was not hurt in the making of this thread.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Good luck on the sale! I put mine up for about a month for $3,500 with the 351 kit and all the mods and got one email!

People just aren't buying much these days!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, CousinLarry. . . in case no one has noticed, there ain't squat selling on craigslist. In my area (Wenatchee, WA.) there are great bikes for sale, which would have sold in a day or two last year, that haven't sold in MONTHS! The only bikes which ARE selling are coming from the dealerships. No one can come up with $3,000 to $5,000 for a great used bike, but they can pay $39 a month forever for a new one from the dealer.

I've got my '07 Yamaha XT225 on craigslist right now and I've had two people come look at it. . . . . no sale, and it's pretty well set up for the dirt and in reasonably good condition.

There's an '07 KTM 200 XC-W on craigslist for $4,200 and in near-new condition that hasn't sold in about 8 weeks. That bike wouldn't have been listed for more that a day or two, last year!

This is a great time to have cash. . . . . I wish I did!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the support guys.
As soon as i offload the 250 and get the 450 it'll be going off to get derestricted and a new set of graphics. I like my bikes to be all dressed up before i put some scratches on them(from me falling off)

The market over here in Aus isn't that good either but i'm hoping someone out there wants a reliable bike and i'm spewing the dealer sold that ex demo on me.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

There are selling on this side of the mountains..

I've a friend who has been lusting after my '07, so I've been sending him craigslistings for other KLX250s... there have been about 8 in the last two weeks, and he's about to make a screaming deal on an '09.

There seems to be a brisk business at the momemt.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Good luck with the sale.
Post a few close ups of the Megacycle.
I didn't know you could get a Megacycle slip on.
Neili'll try get a picture to you in a few days. Basically he makes the pipes custom for the KLX. It's a two piece setup, you have the muffler seperate from the pipe. Good idea i guess cause you can use the same muffler with a different bend for different bikes.

Quick Reply: Time to sell my little piece of joy