time to buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Default time to buy

Ok so im ready to spend some more $$ on my KLX. I was thinking of the Renthal high rise but can not find a part # to fit my bike. I also am going to get some Hot Grips and Acerbis Rally Pro handguards & a skid plate.

Can someone help me with a part # for some higher bars then stock ?

Hey its snowing today, what else am i going to do for a few months

Randy

Old 12-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Default RE: time to buy

klxCouple,

I'm going to install a new pair of Moose Raptor Competition Aluminum handlebars this afternoon. I'm not expecting any problems with cable length or any other issues. I'll post back when I have them installed and test ridden.

Here's an example of how much difference there is. No the bars on the KLR250 are the stock ones from the KLX. I had a handlebar swap party here one day. Someone had a set of Renthal low CR bend aluminums that are now on my KLX as we swapped for a set of Moose High ATV bars which were on the KLR250.

You can buy the bars here, just look for the "Raptor" bend.

If you want, Moose has some aluminum handguards as well as some standard and large handguard protector.

The reason I mention Moose is that I have installed the Moose aluminum bars and handguards on several bikes. There is no bending, cussing, swearing, throwing or other ill effects when you mount them up.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Default RE: time to buy

Well the Moose "Raptor" bend ATV Aluminum Competition Handlebars are now on the KLX. Very simple install, no bending or fussing. About the only deviant from stock is that I had to re-route the clutch cable as it was too short to work properly as routed in the stock manner.

All I did was not route the cluth cable to the fairing to cross over to the clutch lever. I found coming up the right side of the bike, I could route the clutch cable tight to the bike, through the center of the bars and to the clutch lever. There is absolutely no reason for this not to work. There is no binding, no pulling, no rubbing or pinching. It works!

Here are some pics of the new Moose handlebars and old Moose handguards.

I think the new bars are about an inch to an inch and a half taller than the Renthal Low CR Bend that was on the bike. I think those were even higher than the stock bars.

Here you see the clutch cable being routed through the center of the new handlebars.

This is how I routed the clutch cable up the right side of the bike. I tied the clutch cable to the throttle cable and there is no place to pinch it, cut it, squeeze it nor is there any binding. I'm happy with the install and the higher hand position is very nice!

No bad for $49.99 and they're aluminum!