A Thumper, A Twin, A Four, and a German Shepherd.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: A Thumper, A Twin, A Four, and a German Shepherd.

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Im guessing its the pitch of the exhaust, the inline 4 has a higher pitch right? Arnt dog whistles really high pitched?

i was riding the KLX down by my parents and there is always a dog on the one corner the idiots just let run free, and sometimes it just lays there, and other days it chases me, well the one day it decided to chase me only for a bit, so i stopped and yelled to the redneck @ssholes "tie your F&%$ing dog up, or next time im gonna kick it in the f&*#ing head." They were standing outside, the didnt look too happy, im sorry, im a dog owner, my dog is 90lbs and can rest his bottom jaw on the dining room table..... so i know all about having a dog.but seriously TIE you god damn dogs up... unless your in the middle of nowwhere off the road.... and a german shepard.... thats a big dog to just let run..... If i were you id ride over to the owners on the klx and stop and say ya know if your dog chases me and its gonna bite me i will do anything neccessary to not get bit..... As you can tell this pisses me off... i have been chased by numerous dogs... its really bad on the mountain bike, cant just drop a gear and twist the grip...... Frickin irresponsible people..... [:@][:@]
+1 I also have large dogs and what would happen if my dogs chased someone? Police called, dangerous dog..... I've been raising, training and competing Rottweilers for close to 15 years. People like that really screw us responsible people up!

Oh, and would say it is the pitch of the sound that bugs him.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

His tolerance of the BMW is obvious, both being German.

How do you explain the KLX then?

Old 08-19-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: warsanrotts

+1 I also have large dogs and what would happen if my dogs chased someone? Police called, dangerous dog..... I've been raising, training and competing Rottweilers for close to 15 years. People like that really screw us responsible people up!

Oh, and would say it is the pitch of the sound that bugs him.

Pretty much every timea dog chased me, including this Shepherd, if I slowed down, or came to a complete stop, they calm down and stop also. Once a hugeBlack Labchased meso I just stopped and when the dog reached me he just stood up wagged his tailand put his paws gently on my shoulder while I sat on the bike. I think oncehe separated me from the bike, herealized thatthe rider(me) isahuge animal lover and a good guy. I think dogs are very smart and can sense stuff like that right away.

One time a crazyDobermann chased me while I was on my Serow and I could sense that he was crazy and out for blood, one step below Michael Vick's dogs...[&:] He also came at me sideways so I stood up on my pegs and was going to give him a roundhouse kick while simultaneously givingsome gas to knock him out. I think he sensed danger and retracted and ran back to his house. I believe Dobermanns are very cowardly dogs and will attack if they sense fear in their opponent, but will retract if they realize their opponent is fearless and capable of kicking the **** out of them.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't know if trying to kick a dog while on the KLX is a good Idea. If you miss and he grabs on to your pant leg, You may end up going down. Just sayin'.....May be something that could be practiced but a baseball bat would be the ticket for sure.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

You guys are mean! I've had some dogs go after me over the years but I ride with my mx boots so it's no big deal.
[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

If it looks like you will be intercepted by a dog, slow down as they approach and then as they get a little closer, speed back up. The changing speed throws them off kilter.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Can't I just use my samurai sword that is attached to the back of my body armor? Maybe I should be riding a Ninja.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Forget the dogs - How about those nasty sidewinders striking at your heels?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes I saw several at the last second on a single track near Bartlett last week.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan

I don't know if trying to kick a dog while on the KLX is a good Idea. If you miss and he grabs on to your pant leg, You may end up going down. Just sayin'.....May be something that could be practiced but a baseball bat would be the ticket for sure.
I had my boots on, I studied martial art(Kyokushinkai Full ContactKarate), trust me, the dog would've had no chance whatsoever. Please don't get me wrong, I love animals and I wouldn't hurt any animal unless it was in self defense and as a last resort. I'm glad the Dobermann retreated. The last thing I would want to do is to harm him....even though he was probably Cujo's cousin.....

Quick Reply: A Thumper, A Twin, A Four, and a German Shepherd.