those cheap ebay footpegs

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:45 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default those cheap ebay footpegs

bought the last set of these. don't know how strong they are, personally I wouldn't race with them on but one short ride with some jumps and my constant heft on the pegs didn't fold them yet. anyone else have them? they are a lot more comfortable than the smallish stock ones I'll concede but I've yet to have an oem kawi peg give me any problem in all my years of racing/riding.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Look like they are pretty skookum!!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:40 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

racing with a klx 250s give your head a rattle

Old 10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the pix. Now you all can see they really are quite a good buy.

I recommended them. It's technically pretty hard to mess up investment case steel footpegs. As simple annealed carbon steel they will be as strong as any peg. The more expensive pegs may be stainless steel or titanium, but they'll not be be appreciable stronger.

If you have stock pegs you need to get these. They are cheap but good, which is the essence of KLX.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Are they lighter?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Link to ebay auction?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Einfahrt
Thanks for the pix. Now you all can see they really are quite a good buy.

I recommended them. It's technically pretty hard to mess up investment case steel footpegs. As simple annealed carbon steel they will be as strong as any peg. The more expensive pegs may be stainless steel or titanium, but they'll not be be appreciable stronger.

If you have stock pegs you need to get these. They are cheap but good, which is the essence of KLX.
can you explain some of the terms you use here? (investment case steel, simple annealed carbon steel) thx

Old 10-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

rp- what's skookum mean?
oldphart- I was referring to racing with these pegs on a MX bike; simply because they're not proven to me yet.
but some have raced their KLX in hare scrambles. with the right mods, it can be a pretty competitive off-road bike. If I had proper tires, I'd do a hare scramble tomorrow if I really wanted to.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

even with my size 14 feet, i have no complaints about the stock pegs... with my thor boots i cant even feel how wide the pegs are....

I think im gonna do a hare scramble next year.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I used to think the same way eric, and granted with the proper MX/off-road boot, the smallish oem's aren't as noticeable. but the more contact area makes for a more surefooted feel. it's like you're standing on a platform vs. standing on a ladder rung. but, with that said, the oem ones aren't a deciding factor when it comes time to go for a ride. Only reason I bought them was they were cheap and I usually don't wear steel toed/shanked off-road boots when I ride unless I'm in the trees.

Quick Reply: those cheap ebay footpegs