thinking about selling

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: thinking about selling

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.. but it sucks.... hopefully you wont have to.... cant help ya on how much it would/could bring in...

are you just doing this to make an escape from this site in a good way? lol....j/k

Old 12-21-2006, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey dude, how goes it.

With just over 500 miles and the mods you have done4000 seems reasonable to me. That being said I'm thinking a good deal out the door for New would probably be around 4200 So trying to get 4000 might be hard, even with all the mods. You know how that Chit goes right. I'd start at 4000 but your probably looking at about 3800 as the actual selling price. Take Care....

LV

Old 12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

nah, i could care about making an escape like you said and i know you are just kidding, but somehow i'm wondering if you are. you should know by now that i don't care what people think.

As I said, nothing in stone and I don't HAVE to sell the bike. I'm just thinking with school twice a week in the evening, there isn't going to be much time for it. And keeping it will just money me to death with wanting more mods and such. I probably won't sell it, but it's a possibility come next spring. Then in a year or so, maybe I could get one on them sweet Husky's!
i never had any problems with you man,, it was just a joke, i like your honesty. Even if you do sell, stick around.

Depending on how far school is i would think it would be a nice ride to school, cheap on gas and such....

Old 12-21-2006, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I just purchased a used one for 3800.00 bone stock with 430 miles and the 4 year extended warranty it was cleaner then the new ones at the dealer. I think with the exta's coming with yours and low mileage you should definelty be able to get 3700 - 3900.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

WOW!! I thought you would have a lot more miles on the bike. Its barely broke in. I'm sure you can probably get close to the $4,000 mark, but that sucks, I hope I never sell mine, when I buy something its for good. In fact people have told me my stuff looks almost as good as the day I bought it even years later.(I'm sure that's no surprise to anyone here)I still have a Ghetto Blaster from 1982 I bought at Radio Shackthat still looks good.........TMI? sorry. Good luck in all you do.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:58 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I still have a Ghetto Blaster from 1982 I bought at Radio Shackthat still looks good.........TMI? sorry. Good luck in all you do.
It may look GREAT Deej, but I'm quite certan it doesnt work any longer since powerwashing electronic equipement usually creates problems.... (Just hope it wasnt plugged in during rinse cycles)

Old 12-22-2006, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

The bike may appear clean but to me, when I see a bike with an aftermarket exhaust, lowered gearing, rejetted and opened up airbox thats on the market with such low miles there "seems" that it might have problems. I would look at it as, well, seems this person wanted to make a woods rocket, it looks like it could be but with such low miles I bet he beat the snot out of it only to find out it wasn't what he really wanted. That being said I would say if your bike was totally stock I would be inclined to say it would fetch more than with all the performance mods on it. I would probably e-bay the BG and the bike may go for somewhere in the high $3k range. Besides, the first few miles are when the bike depreciates most.

Going in a different route, whats an MPA? I'm familiar with an MBA. If it snows heavily where you are I'd be inclined to keep it because you won't be riding it for this upcoming semester anyway, and when the days get longer in the spring you could probably find a few days to either hit the trails or take it to school/work depending on the commute.

Quick Reply: thinking about selling