things you carry when you ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: things you carry when you ride

Uhm let's see, My wallet, and beer uhm,- no beer.

Beer before and then during my ride, that's why I bring my wallet.

And that's about it.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Still sounds odd to me - going riding and you pack a gun in case someone's going to mess with you?

I feel bad for you guys that you have to think about that when you're going riding.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I hope to live my life never being in the wrong place at the wrong time but just in case...I carry. If you need to see a reason, watch the news every night. There are bad people in this world.

For off road riding, I have a S/W "Arilight Titanium .38. Super light!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the same S&W .38 special airweight and love it
as for people that dont understand carrying one
I dont know where you live but it must be Mayberry
I live in So. Idaho home of the gun toting redneck... so dont bring a knife to drunken gun fight
and besides that where I ride about 15 min from home i see all shapes and sizes of hostile varmint
mountain lions
black bears
the occasional wolf
and the almighty badger

if I lived in a more urban area there is no way i would be riding without one

Old 07-09-2008, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, I'm just glad I don't live in a place where I'm too scared to go trail bike riding without a gun.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh yea I forgot. I take this sometimes.

Name:  P8132850.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  100_5986.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  67.2 KB

Oh and I picked up a clutch cable that I might start carrying.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: captaintrps

What the heck is a Ket Tec P3AT .380?

If it's a gun, why do people carry guns when they go riding?
I live in the deep HOOD of Rochester NY and for 2007 we out did NYC in murders per inhabitants.....We led all of NYS to be frank........I must say my pale face self sticks out a bit driving a Lime green 09 Bubba Stewart looking scoot.....I even take different side roads home and shift in neutral and shut my bike off to creep into my driveway.....

I carry a 410 derringer triple ot buck with full theft...

Old 07-09-2008, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: neilaction

Well, I'm just glad I don't live in a place where I'm too scared to go trail bike riding without a gun.
Please don't imply or tell me what I feel.

I rode for over thirty five years without carrying a firearm, over fifteen of those, because I could not legally carry a concealed weapon due to my age. Over the last several years, there have been too many close encounters with bears, mountain lions and very shady, if not downright bad people with hinted, or sometimes, very obvious threatening, if not life threatening intent. If it were not for the fact that my father and sister were carrying and willing to use firearms, he would have been killed, she would have been raped, then killed, in a public riding area, no less, a mile from civilization and less then two hundred yards from a house.

There have been other times that I know that our vehicle would have been vandalized, or stolen, or we may have been personally attacked, if we were not present. I placed my hand on the pistol in my shoulder harness, under my coat, though, not plainly visible, this was sufficient to prompt a speedy retreat from said individuals.

I carry a firearm because I legally can and I chose not to be a victim if confronted by an attacker, two or four legged.

Sometimes, running away is not an option, especially when it's someone else that is in danger, whether it's a perfect stranger or a loved one. I could not live with myself if I ran away from a situation where I could have made a difference and maybe have saved someones life with the applications of skilled, lethal force, if necessary.

This is not a perfect world and to think otherwise, or to think that you are perfectly safe where you chose to ride is very foolish. I only hope that you, or anyone else out there, are not confronted with a situation that warrants self protection, but, that is not always the case.

Sorry for the rant and side tracking of this thread, but, I feel it is relevant and something for all of us to think about.

Laters.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Double post.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CRT_Leech

ORIGINAL: neilaction

Please don't imply or tell me what I feel.

I rode for over thirty five years without carrying a firearm, over fifteen of those, because I could not legally carry a concealed weapon due to my age. Over the last several years, there have been too many close encounters with bears, mountain lions and very shady, if not downright bad people with hinted, or sometimes, very obvious threatening, if not life threatening intent. If it were not for the fact that my father and sister were carrying and willing to use firearms, he would have been killed, she would have been raped, then killed, in a public riding area, no less, a mile from civilization and less then two hundred yards from a house.

There have been other times that I know that our vehicle would have been vandalized, or stolen, or we may have been personally attacked, if we were not present. I placed my hand on the pistol in my shoulder harness, under my coat, though, not plainly visible, this was sufficient to prompt a speedy retreat from said individuals.

I carry a firearm because I legally can and I chose not to be a victim if confronted by an attacker, two or four legged.

Sometimes, running away is not an option, especially when it's someone else that is in danger, whether it's a perfect stranger or a loved one. I could not live with myself if I ran away from a situation where I could have made a difference and maybe have saved someones life with the applications of skilled, lethal force, if necessary.

This is not a perfect world and to think otherwise, or to think that you are perfectly safe where you chose to ride is very foolish. I only hope that you, or anyone else out there, are not confronted with a situation that warrants self protection, but, that is not always the case.

Sorry for the rant and side tracking of this thread, but, I feel it is relevant and something for all of us to think about.

Laters.
Comment still stands.

Quick Reply: things you carry when you ride