Default RE: things you carry when you ride

ORIGINAL: old man

Ket Tec P3AT .380
Don't tell me, to adjust the chain right? [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
1st Gear Member

What the heck is a Ket Tec P3AT .380?

If it's a gun, why do people carry guns when they go riding? Do you need protection from bears or mountain lions, wild Moose? Seriously, I thought that was the strangest thing when someone mentioned that on a different thread awhile back.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

read some of this... http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...dgun%2C+riding

some crazy stories.... from running across dead bodies, to drug farmers growing weed, to mad people.... my gun is too big to carry, i need something smaller....

Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn, some of you guys are prepared!!

I usually bring - the water in my camelback, my cell phone/gps, lighter, knife, and some emergency herbs for medicinal use

Old 07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I through into my back back: bottles of water, spare gloves, paper towels in plastic zip locks, energy/fruit/granola bars, medications, extra shirt, fingernail clippers, contact solution and spare set of contacts, 65 Lumin LED flashlight, Leatherman tool, Cold Steel emergency rescue retractable knife, bandages in a plastic zip lock, four glow sticks, sun glasses, micro fiber cloth and spray for sun glasses and goggles.

I also wear in a shoulder harness, under my dual sport jacket or mesh jacket, depending on the weather, which containts my F&N Five-seveN, loaded (20 round clip) and ready, safety on, and two spare clips of 20 rounds. I also carry a camera in the pocket of my coat for easy access.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

read some of this... http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...dgun%2C+riding

some crazy stories.... from running across dead bodies, to drug farmers growing weed, to mad people.... my gun is too big to carry, i need something smaller....
exactly - you never know what you will come across. its FAR better to be prepared and never need it to need it and never be prepared. its not paranoya, its precausion

Old 07-08-2008, 05:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: captaintrps

If it's a gun, why do people carry guns when they go riding? Do you need protection from bears or mountain lions, wild Moose? Seriously, I thought that was the strangest thing when someone mentioned that on a different thread awhile back.
I believe he means "Kel Tec" as in

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3at.html

There'sstill a good many people who believe that the responsibility for their personal safety begins with them - and act accordingly. I would have to agree....

Old 07-08-2008, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Bears? I see bears in my yard regularly, some 500lbs plus. I'd carry a bigger gun if I was worried about them.
The two legged varmits are the threat. Manypeople suck, if you haven't figured that out yet someday you will find out. I don't go get gas without grabbing my wallet and pistol. Paranoid? Maybe, but I know several people who started to carry AFTER being assaulted. I doubt I'll ever need it, but I doubt I'll need fire insurance on my house either.
I ride alone, in the middle of nowhere. If I have to walk out I will not be hassled.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: old man

Bears? I see bears in my yard regularly, some 500lbs plus. I'd carry a bigger gun if I was worried about them.
The two legged varmits are the threat. Manypeople suck, if you haven't figured that out yet someday you will find out. I don't go get gas without grabbing my wallet and pistol. Paranoid? Maybe, but I know several people who started to carry AFTER being assaulted. I doubt I'll ever need it, but I doubt I'll need fire insurance on my house either.
I ride alone, in the middle of nowhere. If I have to walk out I will not be hassled.
Ditto. For the most part, bears typically run as soon as they are aware of you, which for the dual sports with stock exhaust, that I have ridden, sometimes is not until 50 feet or less.

I'm more worried about being pounced upon by a mountain lion, or, two legged animals.

"Always be prepared" is a good motto to live by and hopefully, continue living because of following said motto.

Laters.

Quick Reply: things you carry when you ride