Thanks for a GREAT site..........

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Thanks for a GREAT site..........

Have been lurking for a month and finally rode out the door with my Sqeaky Clean KLX 250S.

100 Miles to date, Tons O' Mud and nothing but AWSOME FUN!!!!!

It's been 20 years since I've been on Two wheels and I gotta say it's been great!!!!

Not gonna do any MODS yet, too new and I'm worried about warranty.

Thanks again for all the great info and I'll be sure to chime in when I can help.......

Anyone in the Manalapan, Freehold area ever want to teach a beginner some tricks- let me know..

Double D

Old 11-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Default RE: Thanks for a GREAT site..........

ORIGINAL: double d6

Have been lurking for a month and finally rode out the door with my Sqeaky Clean KLX 250S.

100 Miles to date, Tons O' Mud and nothing but AWSOME FUN!!!!!

It's been 20 years since I've been on Two wheels and I gotta say it's been great!!!!

Not gonna do any MODS yet, too new and I'm worried about warranty.

Thanks again for all the great info and I'll be sure to chime in when I can help.......

Anyone in the Manalapan, Freehold area ever want to teach a beginner some tricks- let me know..

Double D

Double D,

First off, welcome aboard officially now! Glad to hear you finally got your KLX250S. Is yours the 2007 or 2006 model year?

Deej,

Less than 100 miles and he is already riding in the mud! See what we've told you! It's not us!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

welcome, modding it doesnt really void the warranty, i have done alot and had it in twice, still in there, and no warranty problems

Old 11-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

My advice - hold off as long as possible on that first mod. I didn't do any mods for the first several months, but after that first one, the rest just came on like an avalanche and i couldn't hold it back.

Welcome!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

My advice - hold off as long as possible on that first mod. I didn't do any mods for the first several months, but after that first one, the rest just came on like an avalanche and i couldn't hold it back.

Welcome!
+1 to that.... and then it never ends...

Old 11-29-2006, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I've read that it really shouldn't void warranty, maybe I'm just a little worried about messing up my new TOY!!!

Well, Thanks for the warm welcome and I've got to say that this bike MUST be baptized in the MUD!!!

Just to add, I hear this bike talked about in comparison to the drz 400.............(not directly compared but always grouped together)

On the street it will keep up, not on the highway.......

In the MUD you just can't compare..this bike just whips around, falls down, hops up!!!

My buddy is experienced and it seems I have no problem as a novice keeping up and actually wanting to pass him!!

BEST TOY I EVER TREATED MYSELF TO, I have 0 experience in the dirt, but in 2 days I put on 100 miles and WISH I could go more...

This site helped me make the leap and I couldn't be happier..................

Old 11-29-2006, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats Double D! You picked a great bike and a great forum to go with it!

Holding off on the mods has one significant benefit (other than keeping your bike "new" longer):

By becoming familiar and getting to "know" your bike in stock form, you'll have more appreciation for the improvements that each mod has to offer. Some of the mods can be subtle and the benefits are easily missed (e.g. the crankcase breather mod).

Just remember, though, we didn't intent it this way, but pretty much all of us have become mod-aholics ... but we take no responsibilities for what influences we may have on you. (The waiver / release form obsolving us of all responsibilities is in the mail for your spouse / significant other to sign. Please return promptly.)

Welcome to the club!

Mike

Old 11-29-2006, 05:00 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome Double D I can't count all of the guys that have bought this bike after 15-20 years since their last bike, including me. Again welcome and have fun, but remember once you're 40 and you break something it stays broke.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:33 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
... but remember once you're 40 and you break something it stays broke.
Sure ... rub it in ...

Old 11-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ok sorry, but double d only means one thing in my book.....

so your gonna have to make your way to the nickname thread and explain yourself...

go here...

Quick Reply: Thanks for a GREAT site..........