Thank God that Kawasaki has made the new klx better!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fgk228
digital cdi??? does that mean the cdi being a computer is analog on my bike???
Yeah- if you get the bike running and look at the CDI, you will notice the warm orange glow of the vacuum tubes. That's why the bike always runs better once they're warmed up, like a good old tube amplifier.

I didn't realize there was a CDI change...interesting.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buffalony
HAHA Deej... I had to see if I could catch one person who would open the link and think something great was about to be said..

Sorry to let the wind out of your sales bud.

Thank You everyone for the well wishes...Man I hope this ends my drought..

Honestly, it will either be another 07 or it is going to be a DRZ... Will probably go used on the DRZ to save some money on cost.
Hey I rode a 2007 DRZ and all I have to say is WOW! It was pulling the front wheel off the ground in the first 3 gears. Its a great bike despite what some people call a "pig" It didn't feel any heavier than my KLX.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
I rode a 250 xcw(i think that was the model) KTM... it was dual sported... it blew the klx away... awsome ride.... because the way KTM's come you can plate any of them pretty easily...even the 105cc....
Check out the new Husaberg 390. Problem with euro bikes though is the cost. The dollar is very weak by comparison, and that makes the euro bikes so expensive. But man, what a bike.

Also, KTM will have a new 350 out soon. Rumor is Mike Alessi is going to be racing it in the 450 class next year outdoors. Supposed to be faster than the 450's.

Lots of new developments coming ...

Old 10-11-2009, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Bad Kawi, no cookies for you.

So the 2010 is just another face lift of the 09 model. But I gotta love that black coated frame. As for the digital CDI, thats actually a no change. My 06' has the digital CDI. Maybe the timing is different. Also the 06' CDI has the TPS, which was done away with in the 09' model.

As for a 2010 KLX update. I was really hoping for a EFI system and a displacement increase.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LearjetMinako
As for the digital CDI, thats actually a no change. My 06' has the digital CDI. Maybe the timing is different. Also the 06' CDI has the TPS, which was done away with in the 09' model.
Probably confusion and actually referring to the digital speedometer.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Hey I rode a 2007 DRZ and all I have to say is WOW! It was pulling the front wheel off the ground in the first 3 gears. Its a great bike despite what some people call a "pig" It didn't feel any heavier than my KLX.
I think if you look at the stats it is only around 20lbs heavier. The interview went well. There are alot of unemployed people out there so they were still doing interviews as of the end of this week. I should hopefully know something by the end of the up coming week.

It is unfortunate but the pay is not real good. The benefits are incredible however.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Good luck, buffalony!

Old 10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buffalony
I have another job interview on Friday. Maybe this will be the one. If not I have signed 22 snow plow contracts already and I am hoping to fill up before October is over.

If I get the job it will be a 60mi ride to work each day each way. All the more reason to replace the bike I had to sell this year to feed the kids...

I guess it will either be another 07 that I do another big bore on or I am changing bikes... There is NO way I am spending 5G's for an 250cc that is way under powered and another 1000.00 in modification to make it have enough power.

Enough putting the cart ahead of the horse for now. Say a prayer for me. It has been 7mo with out a job. It sure would be nice to get back to work!

Steve
Good luck with the Job search. I was in the same boat last year for 9 months. I was about to lose my house. I then got my CDL and am making great $$$ now. The Job sucks *** but you can take home $900+ every week. I'll never forget how bad it can be to be jobless in a terrible economy. If you have a good job you'd better do everything you can to hold on to it. I can't believe the way people whine about their jobs and how they take them for granted. Best Wishes!

Last edited by gerrynolan; 10-12-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Fellas for the good wishes.... I let a little bit of pride put me out of work.... I was one of those people that hated my job and felt I could get hired in a minute...

It has been 302,400 minutes and still counting and I have yet to find a job. Humble pie does not taste so good, but I needed to eat it!

My faith in God has saved my marriage that was in shambles while I was working though, and I learned alot more about my kids than I would have ever learned...

I have been blessed to get unemployment and I have been further blessed to be able to make some money to help stipen my unemployment with snow plow contracts.... It is suppose to snow at the end of week!

Till next time my friends,

Steve

Old 10-13-2009, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Stupid recession. Things are still slow up here in Canada....even if the media thinks were out of it. Which is bull. I hope things work out for ya Steve.

But yeah....

2010 KLX 250s weight: 297lbs

2010 KTM 690 enduro R weight: 305lbs (Ready to race)

2010 Suzuki DR-Z400s weight: 317lbs

Yeah.........good job Kawasaki....

Mind you I do love my little KLX

Quick Reply: Thank God that Kawasaki has made the new klx better!