Thank God that Kawasaki has made the new klx better!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Thank God that Kawasaki has made the new klx better!

Or not, but I made you look.

I guess kawasaki needed more money so they took last years bike and added 20lbs to it and figured that would be enough to raise the cost by 300.00.

Now this little piggy ways as much as the DRZ400 and is 150cc smaller....

When are they going to wake up and find a way to make it lighter or more powerfull...

For 5299 you can own a brand new 2010 Klx250 PIG..

Old 10-07-2009, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

That's pretty bad. I'm gonna get my son a KLX early next year and the '06-'07 models are at the top of my list. I'd take a green '09, but if the bike keeps gaining weight and losing swingarm travel then I'm about done with these bikes.

M

Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea the SF went up $300 as well $5599!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Orange is looking better and better...

Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

It's probably no heavier, they're just being honest.
I weighed my 07, and it was 300 lbs.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
It's probably no heavier, they're just being honest.
I weighed my 07, and it was 300 lbs.
That's probably the case. Anything that we can do to shed weight from our bikes is step in the right direction. Weight is the biggest thing holding the KLX back for my off-road purposes. But the KLX still rocks, weight and all I've been able to get the bike to do some pretty ambitious off road riding. I'd just like to see Kawi lighten it up if at all possible without killing the price tag. I guess that would be like having your cake and eating it too. Mods can surely help....No complaints here, just some thoughts.

M

Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I have another job interview on Friday. Maybe this will be the one. If not I have signed 22 snow plow contracts already and I am hoping to fill up before October is over.

If I get the job it will be a 60mi ride to work each day each way. All the more reason to replace the bike I had to sell this year to feed the kids...

I guess it will either be another 07 that I do another big bore on or I am changing bikes... There is NO way I am spending 5G's for an 250cc that is way under powered and another 1000.00 in modification to make it have enough power.

Enough putting the cart ahead of the horse for now. Say a prayer for me. It has been 7mo with out a job. It sure would be nice to get back to work!

Steve

Old 10-07-2009, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I'd like to have the 09 shifting improvements? As far as weight, ya they are heavy but being short wheelbase and quick steering hides a lot of it. It rides a lot lighter than some of the obvious comparison. I have friends with DRZ's, husky TE's, and ktm lc4 bikes that ride noticeably heavier (the te being about the same).

Old 10-07-2009, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buffalony
I have another job interview on Friday. Maybe this will be the one. If not I have signed 22 snow plow contracts already and I am hoping to fill up before October is over.

If I get the job it will be a 60mi ride to work each day each way. All the more reason to replace the bike I had to sell this year to feed the kids...

I guess it will either be another 07 that I do another big bore on or I am changing bikes... There is NO way I am spending 5G's for an 250cc that is way under powered and another 1000.00 in modification to make it have enough power.

Enough putting the cart ahead of the horse for now. Say a prayer for me. It has been 7mo with out a job. It sure would be nice to get back to work!

Steve
Good luck Buff, I know it's been tough. Hope by Christmas you have a new/used '07 and pick up where you left off. 'Course it would be winter in New York - yikes! Still ,the best time to buy a little used bike.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
1st Gear Member

So what are the list of changes from 09- "O Ten" (as the local population here likes to say)?
1. Gained Weight
2. Dropped Seat Hight
3. Digital CDI(What is that)
4. Lost the white plastic radiator guards

Good luck Buffalony.
If that dont work tell them we said to hire you!

Cheers Jim
PWI-971

Quick Reply: Thank God that Kawasaki has made the new klx better!