Test Ride With Pumper Carb

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Test Ride With Pumper Carb

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Tremor38, what type of full exhausts are availble in japan for the bike. Was also wondering about how much in american dollars what the carb would set you back.
There are all kinds of exhaust systems here, but it seems that all are fairly expensive. There are slip-ons availble that approach $600.00USD! Beatiful tatanium modesin various color that might require one repack during the muffler's lifetime, but whew! that's a lot of cashola to be spending on an exhaust.

The carb converted to just over $600.00USD at the time of purchase.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Sounds cool tremor... see i wish i had the $$ you guys do....not sure what i wanna do next... probably the suspension for my weight before a pumper or big bore... but next will be new bars and mirrors and grips... Way cool man
[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh, and for you techno-tweaker types, I just notice that this carb has srew adjusments for accel pumptiming and duration.Kind of a slick little deal..I'llget a picture once I have the chance. Theduration actually stops theaccel pump actuating camfrom moving pastwhere you adjust a stop screw, but the throttle linkage is still allowed tohavefull travel do to aspring thatcouples the throttlelinkageto the accel pumpactuating cam.

No taffy mod necessary [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Very nice! For twice the price, I'd hope that it came with all those bells & whistles, so its nice to see that you're getting a quality product!

Old 12-19-2006, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Dean,

First of congrats on your new piece of jewelry. It sounds like you're off and running having fun.

Question for you. What mods if any, had you done to your bike at this point? IE jetting stock CVK, air filter, is your airbox stock or have you modded it any, crankcase vent, etc. Just looking for a reference point for my comparisons. Thanks in advance.

Also great to hear the pump cam is adjustable. You don't even have to Taffy mod it, good stuff!!

Old 12-19-2006, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

The below link will show youwhatjetting the carb came with as well asthe airbox lid modrecommend by Yoshimura.
She's running great, but results with other carbs may vary.

As far as other mods go, I've drilled breather restriction to 3/8", removed the air recircluation system and carb heat plumbing. TheJapanese market silencer has no restrictor plate, so no drillingnecessary. I'm waiting for thetax returnto get an aftermarket exhaust. [8D]stay tuned to see if my patience holds-up!

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_96163/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: Team FTB

Dean,

First of congrats on your new piece of jewelry. It sounds like you're off and running having fun.

Question for you. What mods if any, had you done to your bike at this point? IE jetting stock CVK, air filter, is your airbox stock or have you modded it any, crankcase vent, etc. Just looking for a reference point for my comparisons. Thanks in advance.

Also great to hear the pump cam is adjustable. You don't even have to Taffy mod it, good stuff!!

Old 12-19-2006, 03:15 AM

Is there a chance they sell this carb (Yoshimura TMR-MJN34 Pumper) in the U.S.? I'd like to get one. Does anyone know?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

They're not available through normal channels, but you might want to check stateside distributors of Yohismura Japan products. I think they are listedat the Yoshimura website.

ORIGINAL: TheHulk

Is there a chance they sell this carb (Yoshimura TMR-MJN34 Pumper) in the U.S.? I'd like to get one. Does anyone know?

Old 12-19-2006, 05:30 AM

Thanks for the response... I've got an email into them.[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 12-20-2006, 03:41 AM

http://yoshimura-shop.netmove.co.jp/..._e&d=1473#

It seems Yoshimura has 3 different models for this carb. See link... One with a funnel intake, one with a filtered intake and one that uses the standard airbox. Tremor38, if you don't mind me asking, which one did you go with? If I can order it, I'll go with the standard air box one since I take the bike off road.

Quick Reply: Test Ride With Pumper Carb