test post

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:13 PM
kv4
Default test post

I just bought a klx for myself and a yamaha xt225 for my wife just before thanksgiving and so far we love riding. My wife is just learning and I have rode some in the past(when I was younger). Rideing again brings back good memories. I wake up early in the morning and can't wait to stat riding ,but I have to wait until it warms up a little. So far I only have 70ml on my bike. Any advice on that 500ml break in period, think it will take all winter to put 500ml on this thing.OH, and one more thing, I'm loveing this bike.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: test post

Welcome to the Forum kv4. I don't want to give advise on break-in and have something break. Personally, I do mostly trails so I am on and off the gas all the time. This is what is most important for the first few rides, then I didn't worry about it and with just over 500mi it runs great. Click on the Search tab at the top and type in "break in" and you will find lots of good info from all these fine people.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

welcome to the forums people here are great. just feel free to ask any questions you want.
the 500mile break in is where the bike gains power because everything has to seat. so you will notice
a power increase after a bit. good luck to you.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

i envy you, you actually HAVE a ride AND have somone else there to ride with you

Old 12-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

You sound just like me. I bought the bike a year ago and then in June I bought the wife a 06 XT 225, getting back into riding after all these years. I know just how you feel about memories, it all comes flooding back. What other thing could you and your wife do together that is better than riding motorcycles?..........well there is that too.

Welcome man. Here are a couple of pics.
The wife
Name:  Picture_0323.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  146.9 KB
Name:  Picture_0294.jpg
Size:  131.6 KB

My ugly mug.
Name:  Picture_0322.jpg
Size:  131.4 KB

Name:  100_5361.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  162.1 KB

Old 12-09-2006, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

haha deej i love it, you get your kickstand on a little peice of wood(to keep it out of the gravel?)

Old 12-09-2006, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep that's a custom made anti bike tip over device. I'm still waiting on the patent office to give me the green light to start mass producing them.. $59.95 each, but perhaps you guys could talk me into offering a group buy. .98 cents to produce and $59.95 Its the American way.

Name:  100_5166small.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  143.7 KB

Old 12-10-2006, 02:23 AM
kv4

How did you download your pictures? I'm having trouble with it.
Did your wife have any problems with her bike shifting into neutral when it was hot? Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:17 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kv4

Did your wife have any problems with her bike shifting into neutral when it was hot? Thanks for the reply.

Hey kv4, putting pics are pretty easy with a few instruction, and I didn't really know how when I first started posting on forums a few years ago. Here is a sort of a 1-2-3 on posting pics. Oh and in your signature how about putting your first name and where you live so we can all get a visual. Also if you click on peoples names to the left you can send them an e-mail or even a PM (private message) here on the site, we all have an in and out box here. Anyway here you go, and don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you want, nobody will tease you for not knowing........well maybe we will just a little Also if you have IM, Yahoo or AIM messenger and want to share that you can do that to, it makes questions able to be answered instantly. Mine is in my profile.

Some of these might seem obvious to most, but I thought I would make it as simple as possible.

1. You take a picture
2. Get it to your computer
3. Find a website that can host your pictures for free, keep in mind not to post anything you don't really want others to see

Here are a couple of sites.

http://imageshack.us/
http://photobucket.com/
http://tinypic.com/

I prefer Photo bucket, but that's just because that's what I have used and have a lot of stuff stored there, and I also think its a little easier.

4. When you decide on a picture hosting site make sure to bookmark and write down your user name and password somewhere.
5. Upload your picture, the rest of the steps are using photo bucket since I don't know how the other sites operate.

Edit: I forgot a couple of steps.

5.1 When you click on the upload button it is going to ask you where the picture you want to host is located, then there is going to be a "browse" button
5.2 Click on that button and a box should come up that shows your computer, click on the folder or folder until you get to the picture you want to share and then click it and the information should automatically put the box on Photo bucket.

5.3 It will take between 30 seconds or 5 minutes depending on your Internet connection speed and how many pictures you are trying to upload all at once. Sometimes its easier to do one picture at a time.

6. After your picture is uploaded, you click on the picture you want to share.
6.1 Now you have 3 choices to the right of your picture. URL, Tag, and IMG, I always use the URL, which is the Internet location of the picture you are trying to post.

7. Then click or highlight the address, not the Internet address, but the picture address. (URL)
8. Copy that address or location
9. Then get back to the website where you want to post the picture.

Side note: I always have two websites open to make it easier, one in photo bucket and the other site where you are posting, just makes it easier to switch back and forth especially when posting multiple pictures.

10. On the Kawasaki website for instance, with in a post you are preparing to share after you have said what ever it is that you want to say, before you click the OK button you will click on the "image" button. Its next to the code and the center button.

11. you will notice that you now have this in your post. [IMG][/IMG]
12. All you have to do now is put your cursor in the middle of the center brackets ][ and hit the paste feature by right clicking your mouse and hitting the paste feature.
13. Click the OK button and you're golden.

I hope I didn't make it too simple, or too complicated. but sometimes we need more instructions, or at least I do

Here is my Instant messaging information if you want to add me.

IM derickettel@hotmail.com (I don't use that for e-mail, just Instant messaging)
Yahoo IM deej1914
Aim Messenger deej1914

Old 12-10-2006, 05:39 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kv4

Sorry I forgot about your second question. Yes she does have trouble getting it into neutral. I however don't, so it just might be that she need to get more time riding. But you know a friend of mine has a 2003 XT 225 and it has neutral issues for him. But I have rode both bikes, and it works great for me. Can't wait for pics.

Quick Reply: test post