1st Gear Member
Default test

test

[IMG]local://upfiles/3393/D5D0B30DBEEA49A59FB2AAE8782D082F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: test

looks like u got it working, pic is just kinda small.....

Old 10-20-2006, 02:57 PM

redbrd,

I am by no means an expert in these things, but it looks like you are using the "click here to upload!" link at the bottom of the field where you typed your message. Obviously that works, but it does not allow you to display the full picture in the size that you want right in the body of your message. As you have determined, it just embeds a thumbnail image that will pop up your pic. That is all fine and good if that is what you are after, but I am guessing you are trying to figure out how to embed an actual pic into your message so that folks don't have to click on anything to view it.

If not, ignore this. If that is what you are shooting for, then this might help.

1. Get an account with an free image hosting service ala www.photobucket.com or the like. It's free and quick.
2. Upload some pics there.
3. When viewing the pictures on the hosting site, you will see three or four different ways of linking to that picture. Highlight and right-click to copy the link of the pic you want to embed.
4. While typing a message on kawasakiforums.com, you have several options up in the formatting field just about the test entry field. Click on the one call "image".
5. This will throw two codes into the text of your message that look like this "[IMG][/IMG]" (without the quotes)
6. Paste the link to your picture in between the two codes like this [IMG]PASTE LINK HERE[/IMG]

That's it.

One word of caution, you might want to resize the picture before upload it. This will take up less space on the photobucket site as well as making the picture display better within the body of you message. I don't remember which size works best, but I am thinking something like 300x400, maybe a little bigger. If you are not familiar with how to resize a picture, you can download a free utility call Irfanview that will help you out. It's as easy as selection "resize" and typing in the desire width and height or just the desired width and select "maintain aspect ratio" or something like that.

Anyway, this all sounds more complicated than it really is. After you do it once, it takes only a few seconds to upload and link to a picture that you want to embed.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. Enjoy! I sure have.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

also cwgoff... photobucket usually resizes the pics...

Old 10-20-2006, 03:27 PM

Hmm. I guess I have been doing extra work for no reason. I will try that out. Thanks.

That being the case, redbrd, it is really, really easy to do. The resizing step was the only part that some folks find even a little tricky.

Good luck

Old 10-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

lol... sounds like it... i just upload them and it resizes it to this....

but this is one that it didnt resize for some reason....

Old 10-20-2006, 03:59 PM

Gimme a break! Who're you kiddin'? You just wanted a chance to post that pic again!

Looks like you had fun. Good luck on getting your ride in this weekend. I have tried a couple of times to hook up with riders from forums - one from advrider and another from an XT225 forum that I used to be on. So far it hasn't worked out for whatever reason. Good luck and be safe.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thanks... always TRY to be safe... i just hope that i dont really break anything, cause its also my ride home....

Old 10-20-2006, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Is that a pro circuit pipe on that KLX?

Old 10-21-2006, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes I was surprised when i ordered it and they told me they had one in stock
i was not surprised whenit showed up and would not fit its for a klx 300
a larger diameter pipe but a quick trip to a machine shop did the trick.

Quick Reply: test