TCI windscreen installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Got my first ride with the new windscreen today, and the difference was very noticeable. Greatly reduced wind on the chest, and the noise level is noticeably lower. Also an unexpected side benefit is that my AFX-39 helmet catches less air with the visor. The ride was all on back roads, so my top speed was about 55 mph. Hoping for good weather to get a longer ride in next weekend where I may get to experience higher speeds...

Old 03-26-2012, 10:44 AM
1st Gear Member

It must be the headlight bezel that makes it >09? Someone has to try this for the 06/07. I want one of these to work.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

One end of the bracket goes under the top fork clamp bolt, and the other goes to the handlebar mount. So if the forks are different, it probably wouldn't work without modification. I can't imagine that it would be difficult for them to produce one though, they just need people to bug them about it. The actual windscreen is identical between my wife's Honda CRF230L and my KLX (bought one for both bikes at the same time). The only difference is in the mounting brackets.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
It must be the headlight bezel that makes it >09? Someone has to try this for the 06/07. I want one of these to work.
I've been thinking about it!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007 Green Machine
I've been thinking about it!
Maybe a call into TCI. I would certainly do this if it was workable. There are some generic ones but this looks by a long shot the best.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BillMoore
One end of the bracket goes under the top fork clamp bolt, and the other goes to the handlebar mount. So if the forks are different, it probably wouldn't work without modification. I can't imagine that it would be difficult for them to produce one though, they just need people to bug them about it. The actual windscreen is identical between my wife's Honda CRF230L and my KLX (bought one for both bikes at the same time). The only difference is in the mounting brackets.

Thanks for this info. Maybe if we get a group buy going and get enough people they would be motivated to measure a bike and produce a run?

Old 03-28-2012, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
Thanks for this info. Maybe if we get a group buy going and get enough people they would be motivated to measure a bike and produce a run?
You and me = 2 so far.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007 Green Machine
You and me = 2 so far.

Might be easier to just go with the N2594 Search Results

Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I put the TCI windshield on my 09' last week. The ride seems quieter and it is nice having the wind off my chest. Only 2 small complaints. I'm tall 6'4" and it seems like the wind is directed into my face more when in my usual riding position. If I duck an inch or two there's no wind whatsoever. My second complaint is when riding in windy conditions the bike feels kinda "twitchy". I guess I should have known that would be the case but whatever... Overall, for commuting I like it with the windshield more than without.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm 5'7", so the wind is over the top of my head. I installed the same windscreen on my wife's CRF230L though, and I noticed when riding it that the wind hits me right in the visor peak on my DS helmet. Bad enough that I would have to remove it to ride for a long period of time. My wife is 2" shorter though, and no problem for her...

Quick Reply: TCI windscreen installed!