Tax Refunds

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I love tax time! This is when we get to deduct all that money we're throwing at mortgage interest. I expect a fatty. I'll pay off credit debt and buy a shiney new Monster Energy helmet. Woohoooo!

Mike

Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

i uselly get a little from one and pay even more than i got from that to the other.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya, I know I am doing something wrong, I make $$ and dont give enough to them when I "estimate" my taxes.
Screw'em, I need it more then they do.
I live in RI, right next to "Taxachusset". We pay outrageous taxes to begin with. They want to tax my "inventory" for crying out loud.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kgwld1
My cpa would love to hear that I haven't paid in three years.
Yea, I can imagine how THAT would go over.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member

The news on the television said to expect an IOU this year.... glad I file in oct. Just sent in form 3911 to find where the hell my stimulus check went ?!?!?

Old 01-09-2009, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
The least I ever got back was $600.00 and most was $1800.00 If I ever have to pay then someone is going home in a body bag. If you have to pay, you're doing something wrong.
Sounds like somebody has never been in a high enough tax bracket to know the difference

Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Say what?...

Originally Posted by deej
The least I ever got back was $600.00 and most was $1800.00 If I ever have to pay then someone is going home in a body bag. If you have to pay, you're doing something wrong.
Deej, sorry man but no,no,no,no. I've held a Florida CPA license since September '83.

First, if you get a refund it means that Uncle Sam has held YOUR money all year and paid no interest. Get $1800 back, your check was short $150/month. Most Americans are notoriously bad savers and use the tax system as a forced savings account. Bad plan.

Second, if you owe 500 large you made a couple of mil. Nobody I know wants to pay taxes but most understand that if you owe you made money. This beats the **** out of the alternative. I would dearly love a tax bill of a mil, would mean I earned around 3 mil. You make that kind of jack you darn well better be liquid enough to send it in. I always tell my clients that having a tax liability is my opportunity to earn my fees. If you don't owe anything because you haven't made any money I'm not much use to you, but if you made some serious cabbage there are ways to minimize the damage.

Sorry for the rant, but in a few short weeks the human waste product will hit the oscillating device and tax season will be in full bloom for yours truly. For those of you that ever saw the movie "Zulu" I'll be crouched behind my grain sacks taking care of little old ladies with brokerage accounts ( a bloody affair in '08, to be sure) as fast as they can come over the wall

Old 01-10-2009, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member

How about look at that mustang?

Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
The news on the television said to expect an IOU this year.... glad I file in oct. Just sent in form 3911 to find where the hell my stimulus check went ?!?!?

They'll be no IOU. You'll get your notes that will be worth 100 cents on the dollar. Wheather or not the dollar is worth anything is something else again. But you'll get your 'notes'.

I'm ready to provide my economic stimulus. Monster helmet, Yesssss!

Mike

Old 01-11-2009, 05:20 AM
1st Gear Member

i hope i get that form soon...my finger is almost clicked the "confirm order" button today for some nice supermotard rims plus rubber

Quick Reply: Tax Refunds