Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Taken out by a vine

I hate it when that happens.

http://www.vimeo.com/10079471

Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

There were several before the one that got him. YIKES!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Happened in a millisecond. Before I knew it, I was on the ground. Good thing Nobrakes bounces.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was you!!!! I didn't realize that. I'm a little slow this morning. Hahaha Wait, I'm always slow....but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet...yeah thats the ticket.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I hate those things. They've taken me down before.. Did it grab your handlebar? That's what they usually do to me..

Good stuff, be careful!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

It snagged around the front number plate and the bar on the right. Once the slack was taken up I said to myself "Won't be long now ..."

Old 03-11-2010, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

What's worse are the blackberry vines here in Washington. They grow everywhere and they have nasty sharp thorns. I've had those wrap around my leg/shin and then as I ride past they pull themselves away and "saw" into my leg with those thorns..MAJOR OUCH!

/mainly happened mt biking...

Old 03-11-2010, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow helmet cams are great! It hurt just watching. Hope your all good, and hope you didn't scratch up that new set of numbers too bad.
Dan

Old 03-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah I was fine, fortunately in that tight stuff it's hard to go very fast, if that would have happened on one of the other trails that are more open could have been a different story. Bike and new numbers are fine, but they've gotten a triple dose of mud and grime over the past week, so any vestiges of newness have been thoroughly scrubbed off by now. I've been trying to get some extra seat time for a race this coming up this Sunday, just trying to get the fitness and seat time up to where I can finish without the heart rate shooting up to 180+ like it usually does in these things and maybe finish a little stronger than I have in prior races as opposed to being totally spent like I usually am on the last lap. So I took a vacation day and went riding today at the local practice spot and it was really muddy, which is probably good, because if the hare scramble this weekend is not cancelled due to conditions, it will surely be muddy. I also took a vacation day on Monday and did the same thing at a different location where it was also muddy and rough. So I've had two good riding days this week, both muddy, and that's not including Sunday's ride where the helmet cam above came from. So the numbers are looking pretty well used right now. And any remaining newness should be completely scrubbed away after this Sunday which is race day and the location is known for its greasy slick and sticky red clay and after all the rain we've gotten these past few weeks it should be ripe for it. If I can remember to do it, I'm going to try the WD-40 trick under my fenders to see if that helps keep the mud from sticking so badly and adding an additional unwanted 30 lbs. It's the first race of the hare scramble season here, so it should be well-attended, should be a lot of fun.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep, that will do it.

I know it's wrong but heh, thanks for tha laugh

Good to see you no bad damage done to rider of bike.

Quick Reply: Taken out by a vine