TAHUYA STATE FOREST

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default TAHUYA STATE FOREST

I have notice a lot of members of the Forum are from the NW and I was wondering if any one has been out to Tahuya State forest since it has reopened. They closed it this winter do to flood damage. Just wonder if any on has checked it out.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: TAHUYA STATE FOREST

Hey Mike, funny I was just over in Puyallup this weekend, I've only been to Tahuya once, but it was a lot of fun. I need to get back over there, its only a two and a half hour drive from my house.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I would like to make another ride over there again this year, or maybe have wedge give us the grand tour of the capital forest.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Right on George!! I'm in, just name a date. Wedge are you around?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I have only been Mtbiking at capital forest, but it was a blast. The ton of trail with 10' high burms. I will have to make it there this year.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member

YUP, I'm home! had an great week-weekend up at Mt Hood there is some really good skiing; all levels can have a blast- my 8 year old did incredible for her first time- 2 days of lessons and she can go just about anywhere on the mountain, oh to be young again! she was even following her brother over jumps.

It just so happens me and the 17 year old went to Tahuya, had a great time- there is still a bridge or two out but the trails are in great shape; we went on sunday and the pit areas where pretty busy, but the trails were not too bad, I only had 1 almost[]head-on, the guy was really flyin'[:-]

Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I was thinking sometime late july or early aug. That would give things time to dry out a bit. I heard its slick as snot in the capital forest when its wet.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Tinman

I have notice a lot of members of the Forum are from the NW and I was wondering if any one has been out to Tahuya State forest since it has reopened. They closed it this winter do to flood damage. Just wonder if any on has checked it out.
I went riding at Tahuya State forest yesterday. The trails were in great shape, I had a blast.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I was at Tahuya yesterday too, almost had a head on when I was flying at a KLX . Trails are in great shape. Lots of people though.As good or better than when we went in August. I didn't get a chance to try the overland trail. Anyone know ifthe overland trailis open yet?

Old 02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ol guy

I was thinking sometime late july or early aug. That would give things time to dry out a bit. I heard its slick as snot in the capital forest when its wet.
I found a 120 knobbie took care of it (trackmaster) aired down to 12-14
I'm pretty sure it will climb better than me; but I'm pushing it everytime.

Quick Reply: TAHUYA STATE FOREST