Suzuki TU250x

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RimBender
Be cool if the made a high pipe scrambler version ? In person the big cylinder makes it bigger cc than 250, which brings to ind british singles, that's what make the bike for me.

For around town high mpg scooters are the hot setup IMO. You can do anything with them , ride em up the sidewalk and park in the storefront, etc, stuff like that. You get away with murder. Same stuff on a motorcycle and you get tickets and dirty looks. At least that's the way it is round here...
I bet your right about scooters I just can't do that riding position. Where are you in WA state? I am in Spokane.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:23 AM
1st Gear Member

if you want classic looks but new there is only one place to go
Bonneville T100 | Triumph Motorcycles

Old 08-02-2012, 02:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toyotabuilder
Well with cost of entry about a factor of 2 higher and MPG a factor of two lower its not really my ideal commuter but it looks nice. I sat on one at the dealer the other day.

I do prefer the scrambler however given the choice.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toyotabuilder
Or, more appropriate for Kawi forum:

Kawasaki Motors Australia - 2012 W800

Not a thumper though and we are getting into big twins territory, but this bike is the coolest looking retro I've seen in a while.

In my local Suzi/Kawi dealership showroom a dark green W800 sits right next to TU250X. What a difference - the W800 oozes quality, really really nice looking bike (if you dig retro look). I'd like to own a bike like this, but again, I don't cruise the asphalt enough, the short commute to work is taken care of by KLX, so it would be just a show pony. Not really useful or practical bike for me, but damn, it makes me salivating.

PS. Is it available in US? I can't see it at Kawasaki.com.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sharan
Or, more appropriate for Kawi forum:

Kawasaki Motors Australia - 2012 W800

Not a thumper though and we are getting into big twins territory, but this bike is the coolest looking retro I've seen in a while.

In my local Suzi/Kawi dealership showroom a dark green W800 sits right next to TU250X. What a difference - the W800 oozes quality, really really nice looking bike (if you dig retro look). I'd like to own a bike like this, but again, I don't cruise the asphalt enough, the short commute to work is taken care of by KLX, so it would be just a show pony. Not really useful or practical bike for me, but damn, it makes me salivating.

PS. Is it available in US? I can't see it at Kawasaki.com.
Yes the Kawi is a great looking bike. That is the first I have seen it. Not in the states that I have seen. The vertical twin is sweet looking.

I sat on the TU250x today and even started it up. It would be a fine commute bike. I just can't do a Wee Strom or the like for short commuting that I do. Now if I were going 100+ miles on the open road then no question just about anything aside from the KLX would be better than the TU. The TU is a toyota corolla. No frills bit gets the job done. Although the valve intervals are a silly 3k. I would do them myself and its a simple job on that bike but jeez.

I just might get a Yamaha FZ6. I have been riding a ninja 500 and it has been great. Great MPG too. At least as good as the KLX. The forward position bothers an neck vertebrae that is not perfect so I am selling it.
The FZ6 is more upright and is a pretty good middle of the road bike. Can do some miles but not so big as to be cumbersome and gets good MPG for what it is. Valve intervals are like 24k. Nice.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Who thought a 650 savage could be so cool. You can get kits for cafe, scrambler, dirt tracker or bobber.

Ryca Motors CS-1 Cafe Racer Kit

Old 08-03-2012, 01:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2veedubs
Who thought a 650 savage could be so cool. You can get kits for cafe, scrambler, dirt tracker or bobber.

Ryca Motors CS-1 Cafe Racer Kit

Wow no doubt. I don't want to look at the $$

Old 08-03-2012, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

looks like you could get a used one for ~ 5k

Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RimBender
looks like you could get a used one for ~ 5k

That looks about what I saw. A used TU250x is about 3k and I have located one that tipped over for 2600.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: Suzuki TU250x