suspension is too soft

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: suspension is too soft

How much it cost for the front and rear springs?

Old 05-10-2007, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

It was about $275 shipped.

Call Motopro or get on the web site and use the calculator to figure out what springs you need. I would just call them since I don't think that you can order online yet. These guys are the only suspension pros that I have talked to and with the service and attention to detail that they provide probably will not look anywhere else. They actually talked me out of things that they thought I wouldn't need (valves, fork oil...).

Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info. I will get int ouch with them soon. Has any one had the suspension sent off to be re worked? What other Modifications have people done to the suspension. Any info will help greatly. This forum is great, and Thanks for all of the great information

Old 05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

My suspension has been completely gone through with custom valving etc by Jerry at Four Stroke Works. It is a vast improvement over stockwithcorrect spring weights. Many places use Race Tech Gold Valves which I hear works well but I think Jerry uses his own custom valving. I'm told ESP in Southern CA. also doesexceptional work. I think if most of your riding will be on road or light off road, just getting the proper springs rates and oil in would be fine and the most economical. A complete suspension job on the KLX with springs is probably around $600-800. I can tell you though, the best KLX suspension is still not going to be near as good as today's modern off road bikes.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:34 PM

Thanks for the info. I would rather get an offroad bike, but the street legal part is the concept that I like the most about the KLX250s. I think I will look into re working the suspension to make it a little more agressive.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poolpatrick

Thanks for the info. I will get int ouch with them soon. Has any one had the suspension sent off to be re worked? What other Modifications have people done to the suspension. Any info will help greatly. This forum is great, and Thanks for all of the great information
I sent mine off to MotoPro and had it reworked. Different springs and the UltraMax valveing kit was installed. Got it back and bolted it on. I would say that this is probably as good as it gets, and I would compare it to many upgraded off road suspensions. The way that my bike handles now is 180 degrees different than stock. It maneuvers better, jumps and lands better, and feels like there is a substantial foundation under me.
I've stated it before, but it bares repeating; Considering all the modifications that I have done to my KLX, the suspension improvement was by far the best money spent. I recommend it for anyone that rides off road!

Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member

That is what I needed to know I will be shipping the suspension off VERY SOON. Thanks for all of the help in this area.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:17 AM

Ok guys
I am slightly heavier than 165 (205) I have adjusted the rear shock and am fairly happy with the rear shock but am trying to figure out what to do with the compression and dampening screws? Whatshould I do with thescrews to beingI am heaiver screw them in or out? Any suggestions would be great. I am not going to put the money into springs yet because Iknow it is not atrue dirt bike but it is a great dual sport.

Thanks

Jeff

Old 05-14-2007, 04:30 AM
1st Gear Member

At 205 you would really benefit from new springs front and rear. Especially in front.There is probably no way you are going to get the suspension set up even close being so far off on the spring weights. Go to Planet KLX and under Tech Tips there is asuspension sectionthat tells exactly how to set up the suspensionincludingthe compression and rebound adjusters. It's very good info andshould keep you busy reading for a while.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06klx250

Ok guys
I am slightly heavier than 165 (205) I have adjusted the rear shock and am fairly happy with the rear shock but am trying to figure out what to do with the compression and dampening screws? Whatshould I do with thescrews to beingI am heaiver screw them in or out? Any suggestions would be great. I am not going to put the money into springs yet because Iknow it is not atrue dirt bike but it is a great dual sport.

Thanks

Jeff
Before I had mine revalved I couldn't really tell much difference while adjusting the dampining screws. I tried both ways and always seemed to have the same result.
While riding this weekend I was playing on a 20' table top, and there was a couple of times that I came down front first. Each time scared the begesus out of me! But the suspension mods proved to be worth the money. There was no bottoming out and smooth landings resulted. If I would have done this before the mods there is no doubt that there would have been a endo picture moment.
This suspension can be modded to your satisfaction!

Quick Reply: suspension is too soft