suspension revalve

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I just ordered a set of front springs for my 07 250s from John at Moto-Pro Suspension. If I need the revalve I'll buy it from him before Racetech. John KNOWS the KLX and it's eccentricities. He spent 15 minutes just talking about my riding conditions, weight, bike accessories, etc just to make sure he could get me the right springs first time. The only person you talk to at Moto-Pro is John. I doubt that Racetech operates that way. But, that's not saying that RT doesn't do a great job. I just like talking to a person and I know John knows what he's doing.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:25 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiskeyTF
Not a company but close enough lol

ProMoto.TV
No, no...he is a company. John even bought the empty Solyndra building, and he has a website. That makes him a company, doesn't it?

For clarification, ask the IRS if Moto Pro is a company.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

On the comment about Race Tech and customer service, I've called them twice in reference to my Gold Valve kit and spring rates. I talked to a real human on both occasions. As far as John goes, he's a great guy to deal with, and he knows his stuff. I was probably one of the first people around here to have a serious discussion with him about KLX suspension upgrades. I certainly wouldn't be concerned about the quality or knowledge involved in his work. And he may be the only guy who specifically addresses the '09 and later models with the shorter travel.

That said, Race Tech does something unique when they supply your Gold Valve kit. And if John provides this with his kit, that's a real plus, and maybe someone with a Moto Pro kit can tell us. They give you many extra shims along with a detailed listing of shim stack combos either side of the "ideal" setting based on your input of rider weight, riding style, equipment, etc. So if you don't like something in your existing revalve, you can change it with some informed guidance. Now, people who don't have any idea about how to change the delivered shim setup or why/how they should change it, should probably just leave things alone, and hence there is no advantage to the Race Tech setup.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I've talked to John at Moto-Pro. VERY knowledgeable and helpful. I'd trust him 100%.

Rick at Cogent Dynamics in NC is another good suspension expert, I believe he sells the Race-Tech parts...and he'd be a good one to talk to and order from.

I had a local guy put a Pro-Motion valving in my 09...he wasn't sure it would work great, but, compared to the pitifully inadequate oil flow it once had, it feels great to me.

I wish enough KLX250 riders would be interested enough in Inertia-valve technology to make it attractive to RICOR to make a system for this bike, because I've never ridden anything that performed better than their Inertia-valve. Soft and pliable, or as stiff as can be, all in the same package. I just don't think there would be enough interest from the KLX crowd, though...

Old 06-02-2012, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiskeyTF
Not a company but close enough lol

ProMoto.TV
that site had the best videos....