suspension revalve

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default suspension revalve

RaceTech or Moto-Pro. Who to use, who has used who? How was there support? Bad experiences?

Last edited by cegusman; 06-01-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

What year model KLX do you have? I think Pro Motion is the only choice for '09 and later, isn't it? The Race Tech Gold Valve kit is for the KLX300 but fits the '06/'07 just fine and compares well to the equal travel that both bikes have. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the RT Gold Valve kit works just fine in the '09 and later with less travel as the shock and fork still appear to be the same version just with reduced travel. I use an RT Gold Valve kit in my '06 with great results. Still, if I had an '09 and later, I think I'd go with Pro Motion since it was setup to run with the reduced travel.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Is it Moto Pro or Pro Motion?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:50 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cegusman
LOL!...yes, it is Moto Pro. John is the guy who runs the show there. Pro Motion is another suspension company, but John is the one who spent some time developing a kit for the '09 and later...as well as the '06/'07.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cegusman
Moto-Pro Suspension

Motion Pro is a different company.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
LOL!...yes, it is Moto Pro. John is the guy who runs the show there. Pro Motion is another suspension company, but John is the one who spent some time developing a kit for the '09 and later...as well as the '06/'07.
Wait, is there a Motion Pro AND a Pro Motion?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiskeyTF
Wait, is there a Motion Pro AND a Pro Motion?
Yes

Motion pro - tools and ****
Pro Motion - Suspension ****

Looks like I will be calling Moto Pro.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

LOL!...we've come up with 3 companies with similarly linked names. Let's see if we can come up with a 4th to confuse matters further. I doubled checked...Moto Pro is John's company, and a good guy to deal with.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I chose John at MOTO-PRO

I read somewhere about Race tech customer service was NON EXISTANT after the sale, and me being a suspension dummy, I chose to skip RT.

John @MP on the other hand was top notch the whole way. Answered the phone each and every time I called. Answered my questions completely and I could tell he was taking/writing notes from the very first phone call to him.

I sent my forks w/ the shiny hard chrome sliders wrapped in cardboard then wrapped the whole fork in a U-haul moving blanket in order to prevent any chance of them touching together and putting a ding in the sliding lower part of the fork tubes.

Removed the spring from the rear shock and wrapped it along with the spring perch in cardboard. Sent the whole deal in a creeper box I got from my local NAPA store.

John sent it all back to me finished along with a setup sheet showing the initial settings and the work that was done. I called a few times here and there to check on progress and John was more than happy to keep me informed. My bike was apart for exactly 3 weeks (which is what I had expected).

John told me that he has 18 years of experience as well as a database logging setups/settings that he has built up over the years.

I am completely satisfied with John's work and would recommend him to anyone. Liking my suspension in the single outing I have ridden it since being reworked. I know for a fact it saved my *** once/twice in that ride, too.

If you ever visit this forum John, thank you. Ron

Old 06-01-2012, 06:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
LOL!...we've come up with 3 companies with similarly linked names. Let's see if we can come up with a 4th to confuse matters further. I doubled checked...Moto Pro is John's company, and a good guy to deal with.
Not a company but close enough lol

ProMoto.TV

Quick Reply: suspension revalve