suspension FYI

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member
Default suspension FYI

So, I'm not a super mechanic or anything just to start this off. I've done all of the normal mods, (as stated in my "signature). I also had replace the springs both f&r myself w/ no issues. It was running pretty well but was still bottoming a little when I was "racing" my buddies in the woods. I'm not a small man (about 3bills) and understood that the bike is way undersprung and there wasn't springs big enough for the front. After speaking to a few friends who race MX, I took their lead and contacted Craig at Enzo Racing from the MN office. I brough the bike out to him Friday afternoon and he asked me all the normal questions (sizing up my riding and what I might be looking for). He told me I could have it back today (which he did get it to me) for a ride this evening. HOLY CRAP did that make a difference. He did nothing more than secret evil valves and fork oil and WOW. The fork never bottomed and that's hitting boulders at 60mph on 2 track. I'll join the choir singing the praises of www.enzoracing.com . They totally changed the bike and my thoughts of what suspension could feel like. I think the rear (which has never bottomed) might get revalved before the season's over.

Cheers