Supercross opening round tonight - Anaheim 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Supercross opening round tonight - Anaheim 1

The 2008 Supercross series opening round will be aired tonight on Speed live, starting at 10pm EST. Should be a good one.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Supercross opening round tonight - Anaheim 1

I know your going to be riding in with that BAD bike of yours

Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah right, I'd be lapped before the first turn.

But my wife did surprise me with tickets to the Las Vegas round in May so I will be at that one. And she booked us a room at Hooters. God I love her. I'm one lucky dude.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

The 2008 Supercross series opening round will be aired tonight on Speed live, starting at 10pm EST. Should be a good one.
Woohoo! Got it Set to record on TIVO in case I'm busy.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks B i thought that was tonight but wan't sure. worked on the electra glide all afternoon and was going to call it an early night but not now.oh and kudos to the little woman. she's a keeper.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

my wife got me tickets for FMX!!!

im not into supercross... its not that fun to watch for me... canadian MX and US MX are cool to watch, I also watched the whole season of supermoto on speed, thats some good stuff... Ill probably watch it though. Its nice that dish network has every motorcycle race labeled "motorcycle racing" so you set that to record and it covers everything.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

SX and the MX Nationals are my favorite. Canadian MX is OK, but those two guys they have commentating sound like two cackling 13 year old girls. Speed coverage is pretty decent, Jeff Emig is a good analyst and who doesn't like Erin Bates?

I'm a little concerned this year for SX, though, since a lot of the races are covered on CBS. The problem with CBS is that local programming can and often does take the place of the national broadcast. I'll be lucky to see any of the CBS coverage, but instead will probably be some paid infomercial, or yet another basketball game among the fifty already on other channels. [:@] At least when it's one Speed, I get to see it.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

I watched some of it that track sure was tough and wet I liked the final when the guy flew over the rest for the lead I was riding my YAM YFZ 450 Quad at a Motocross track in DEL and a pro rider was practicing on the nubi track and he flew over my head on a jump I was ridng down the hill and he landed wright in front of me Wild stuff

Old 01-06-2008, 04:11 PM
IG

Yeah, I've been anticipating this round ever since the last MX national ended. As usual Stewart crashed, but this time he couldn't catch Reed who appears to be the fastest guy at least lastnight he was. In both his heat and the main Reed either crashed or stalled his bike and lost his lead but came back both times to win. I know Stewart will be faster than lightning each race, but if lastnight is any indication it appears the Reed will be able to run with him or match some of his lap times as he did lastnight when Stewart was trying to catch him. After Reed and Stewart, no one has a chance- simple as that. Well, Windham went down also and still got 5th. He may finish better if he stays up but I don't think he can hang with the other two. I miss RC making it interesting. I'd put money on him still if he surprised everyone and showed up to race. I thought it was funny how they were talking about the best supercross rider and MC pretty much said his numbers speak for themselves. He is the indisputable goat of SX. No one could catch him in his prime, not even a wreckless Stewart. He checked out after the first half lap at every race. That's why he has like 78 wins. I'm lovin me some SX.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Reed was definitely on it last night and earned the win. However, I don't think a mud race is necessarily the best venue to judge the field for the rest of the season. Lots of crazy stuff happens in mud races that is not representative of the rest of the races. Stewart was on it too, though. He did go down in the first turn mayhem where anything can happen and usually does and thus started the race from nearly dead last. He fought his way back through the field to retain 2nd and at one point had gained a whole lot of ground on Reed. I think that says a lot about how the rest of the season will go. Even though Reed says he's tired of 2nd or 3rd, I think he's going to be seeing a lot of those this year ... again. But due to the first turn pile-up, once Stewart reached 2nd place as was about 12 seconds behind Reed with about 8 laps to go, I think Stewart made the right judgement that there wasn't enough time to catch up to first and decided not to push it, but instead to settle in for 2nd place and not risk throwing it all away. They say you can't win the series in the first race, but you can lose it. But at this point, he's only 3 points behind which is nothing. Salvaging 2nd place from the really bad start he had is pretty remarkable, especially just coming back from his knee injury at Washougal last MX season and may folks had written him off.

I was most disappointed with Alessi. I thought he would have done better. Maybe he just needs to get back on a KTM for better results. I also thought Langston would have done better.

But what is up with Honda? Half the field, 11 out of 22 riders, were riding Honda's and not one of them made the podium. Maybe we'll see a different result in Phoenix when the mud doesn't play such a large factor in the outcome.

Quick Reply: Supercross opening round tonight - Anaheim 1