Sunday Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Sunday Ride Report

Greeting all, Mrs deej, my 9 year old and myself just got back from a 4 mile ride on a gravel road just a couple of miles from home. It was the first time Christian rode the moped on gravel. In fact its the first time he rode on gravel period, not even on his bicycle. The moped has road tread, no knobbies at all, so it is pretty squirrely on the gravel, but he did good. Well when we got back to the gate I told everyone that they needed to go really slow because its a steep hill right down to the gate, well I got there first and went around the gate, then Christian came down the hill and got about 20 ft from the gate and stepped off the moped, then the bike started to roll forward and he tried to stop it and grabbed the gas and the little 49 cc went forward pretty fast, faster than he could hang on and they both went in the ditch, meanwhile my wife for some reason ended up dumping her bike as well. She said that it was probably because she was trying to grab him at the same time. Well when it was all said and done we all had a good laugh and then I explained that next time she sees him start to fall don't try and do anything. I saw the whole thing in slow motion and I still just let it happen and didn't worry. Anyway no damage to the moped or the XT and I think all in all we had a lot of fun, and isn't that what its all about?

Here are a couple of warm up rides on the lawn, and this is only the second time riding the moped ever.

Name:  Picture_0171.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  57.4 KB

Then off to the DNR road, behind a gate which is even safer, no cars to run into.

Name:  Picture_0169.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  144.7 KB
Name:  Picture_0168.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  129.7 KB
Name:  Picture_0167.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  132.1 KB
Name:  Picture_0166.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  127.3 KB
Name:  Picture_0170.jpg
Size:  151.9 KB
Name:  Picture_0164.jpg
Size:  127.8 KB

Old 09-25-2006, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sunday Ride Report

Way to go ! Sounds like you had a great time........

Old 09-25-2006, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool pics, Keep them coming!...

Old 09-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Great pics, deej - looks like a great day to ride with the family!

Old 09-25-2006, 09:52 AM
1st Gear Member

nice pix Deej

Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

looks like fun deej, what kind of back tire is on your wifes bike?

Old 09-25-2006, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice Pics Deej, I think you need a few more baskets on the moped.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

You mean like these?

Old 09-26-2006, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Then off to the DNR road, behind a gate which is even safer, no cars to run into.
Behind a gate? You don't have to answer this, take the 5th if you have too, but, is this one of those gates that it is allowed to go around with horses/motorcycles/hiking, or, do you have special access?

I've heard that you can contact the various timber companies and pay for a copy of a key to go beyond their gates, but, I've not looked into that yet. If you've done that, do you have any specifics you could send my way? There are many gated areas that I would love to ride. Sometimes we end up at a gate, from a non-gated area and it's a much shorter ride back by highway, then going back the way we came. Those circumstances, we just pass the each bike under the gate (the advantages to a 250cc and smaller bike!), but, it would be nice to have a set of keys. =)

I need to hop the ferry and check out your neck of the woods. I didn't realize there was much riding area over there.

Laters.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

All of the gates around here are usually not passable, but if you can get around easily its understood that they don't care if you go back there. DNR is installing a few gates with larger pass through areas in the gate just for quads and bikes. I know all of the timber owners around here and would hope to play the name drop game if caught behind somewhere I might not have permission to be. But we have as many roads without gates that its not a big issue here.

Quick Reply: Sunday Ride Report