Stuck folks and a white Xmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 03:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Stuck folks and a white Xmas

I guess Oklahoma calls it a blizzard. I call it more of a snow storm more than a blizzard. But either way, its a white Christmas. And people are trying to drive their small cars in over 12" snow drifts.

Xmas Eve snow strom:

Name:  12-24-09_1202.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  30.0 KB
Mom & dad, walking in the snow storm. On their way to Donna's house for a open house invite.

Xmas day:

Name:  12-25-09_0933.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  62.2 KB
There is a storm shelter under the white stuff

Name:  12-25-09_0934.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  71.7 KB
Could barely get the dang shed door open to get the shovels.

I caught this guy get stuck while I was warming up the Ranger to de-ice the windows and keep the fluids going. After the video, I went to get the shovel to help them get un-stuck. Just to watch my next door neighbor try with his Buick and get that stuck too. So I had to help him also. And while trying to get him free'd. A guy in a Mazda Mitia had to try too and got stuck at the end of his drive way. I walked half way down the street to help get his car back in the drive way.

Now for those that wondering, where is the KLX in all this. I would love to try and drive this white stuff. Problem is, the shed door is iced over and blocked by a 3 ft snow drift. And after helping 3 people get their cars un-stuck and shoveling the drive way. I didn't quite feel like digging the KLX out for a winter blast. Maybe tomorrow.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Right on, white Christmas. We're having a grey Christmas (33 and foggy). Now get your gear on, dig that bike out, and have your wife video you roosting up your front yard!

Old 12-25-2009, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

It is sunny and cold here in Nanaimo.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Still white here as well. At least the heavy fog has left us now. hahaha, an oklahoma blizzard. Congrats on the white christmas

Old 12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Me and my mom took the Blazer out for a little 4x4 drive. Since its the only vehicle in the family that has 4 wheel drive. And it gives us a chance to see what went around our neighbor hood. Overall the roads are not that bad. It is just those few parts where the snow drift is over 12" that gets the drivers stuck.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

its 65 and raining here!

Old 12-25-2009, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I just had to try. Never got the chance to try and ride the KLX in snow until today.

Name:  12-25-09_1456.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  68.7 KB

Have to amment, it was really fun. I was laughing every time I plowed into a snow drift. The one in the corner of my house was deeper than I thought. Hit it good enough to stall the bike. Nearly chucked me over the bars. And had snow plowed up to the instrustment cluster.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Wheres the snow you are talking about? All I see is a few flakes.

This was taken a few years ago. For the past 2 years we got dumped on, this year not a whole lot.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by learjetminako
i just had to try. Never got the chance to try and ride the klx in snow until today.

have to amment, it was really fun. I was laughing every time i plowed into a snow drift. The one in the corner of my house was deeper than i thought. Hit it good enough to stall the bike. Nearly chucked me over the bars. And had snow plowed up to the instrustment cluster.
Yeehhaaww!

Old 12-26-2009, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree with cmott...I didn't see a whole lotta snow in those pics...sorry....lol We have been really lucky here...not even enuf snow to use a shovel yet. Only scraped the ice off the car windows 2 times so far. BUT I know its coming...just a matter of time....and I wouldn't be surprised if we get another "White Juan" as we did a few years back...now that was a storm.

Quick Reply: Stuck folks and a white Xmas