>> Street-titled << KLX 450

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: >> Street-titled << KLX 450

http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/l...t.asp?state=in

Safety Helmet
40-6-315 Required by law. (a) No person shall operate or ride upon a motorcycle unless he or she is wearing protective headgear which complies with standards established by the commissioner of motor vehicle safety.

State Funded Rider Ed
Available for all eligible applicants

Eye Protection
Required by law unless equipped with windscreen

Daytime Use of Headlight
Required by law-modulating headlight permitted

Passenger Seat
Required if carrying a passenger

Passenger Footrest
Required if carrying a passenger

Passenger Age Restriction
None

Helmet Speakers
To be used for communication purposes only

Periodic Safety Inspection
None

Mirror Left(L) Right(R)
One required by law

Radar Detector
No Restriction

Turn Signals
Not Required on motorcycles manufactured prior to January 1, 1972 40-8-25(b).

Muffler
No accoustical criteria.

Maximum Sound Level
No acoustical criteria.

State Insurance Requirements
33-7-11 (a)(1) No automobile liability policy or motor vehicle liability policy shall be issued ... unless it contains an endorsement or provisions undertaking to pay the insured all sums which said insured shall be legally entitled to recover as damages from the owner or operator of an uninsured motor vehicle, within limits exclusive of interests and costs which at the option of the insured shall be: (A) Not less than $25,000.00 because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident, and, subject to such limit for one person, $50,000.00 because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident, and $25,000.00 because of injury to or destruction of property...

Handlebar Height
Maximum of 15" above seat

Rider-Education Waiver
Skill &amp; Knowledge Test

Accept Motorcycle Endorsement From Other States
Yes

Accept RiderEd Completion Card From Other States
N/A

Motorcycles operating two abreast in same lane
Yes. 40-6-312 - (d) Motorcycles shall not be operated more than two abreast in a single lane.

Lane Splitting
40-6-312 (b) The operator of a motorcycle shall not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken. (c) No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.

Lemon Law Coverage
No.

Off Road

Safety Helmet
Not Required

Eye Protection
Required by law

Minimum Operator Age
No Restriction

Rider Education Certification
Not Required

Operator License
Not Required

Headlight
Not Required

Taillight
Not Required

Muffler
Required by law

Maximum Sound Level
No Limit

Spark Arrestor
Not Required

Registration
Required by law

Vehicle Title
Not Required

Trails Program
Not Available

Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

My favorite part of the requirements in Georgia?

Muffler
No accoustical criteria.

Maximum Sound Level
No Limit

I wonder if they heard the Muzzy yet[8D]

Old 08-01-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

dude, that is one sweet, clear picture. what type of camera took it? btw, as simple as it was to add the thing, wouldn't it be nearly as simple to defeat it as well? just cut the wires/splice, make a connection and wouldn't it start right up?
Nice photo!!!! Good lighting and angle. I like the way you'vesituated the subjectin the composition. Nice work!

I think the point isit would be more difficult with a keyed ignition tojust walk up, kick start the bike and drive away. I guess if we're thinkingnegatively, it would be easy to have two or three guys load any bike into a trailer or truck, drive away, and figure out the ignition later.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danny1two3

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

dude, that is one sweet, clear picture. what type of camera took it? btw, as simple as it was to add the thing, wouldn't it be nearly as simple to defeat it as well? just cut the wires/splice, make a connection and wouldn't it start right up?
Nice photo!!!! Good lighting and angle. I like the way you'vesituated the subjectin the composition. Nice work!

I think the point isit would be more difficult with a keyed ignition tojust walk up, kick start the bike and drive away. I guess if we're thinkingnegatively, it would be easy to have two or three guys load any bike into a trailer or truck, drive away, and figure out the ignition later.
Thanks for the coments on the picture, I'm suprised it tunred out well as it is just a 2.3 pixel camera lol.

And for the keyed ignition, it does what it was meant to do...but it's still not going to keep someone from stealing it if they really want it, just like any other bike. The key will just hopefully make them hurt there back lifting it into there truck instid od riding it away.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markturbo

Thanks for the coments on the picture, I'm suprised it tunred out well as it is just a 2.3 pixel camera lol.

And for the keyed ignition, it does what it was meant to do...but it's still not going to keep someone from stealing it if they really want it, just like any other bike. The key will just hopefully make them hurt there back lifting it into there truck instid od riding it away.

haha
You're right about the key.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Man I would love to get a street legal 450 myself! Anyways on the topic of keys, when my friends and I ride dirtbikes and leave for a minute we usually disconnect the spark plug and tuck the wire up so a common thief hopefully wouldnt notice. However I guess making a quick disconnect for the wire wouldnt be a bad idea either.

Probably the best solution for the klx450 is a motorcycle disc brake lock. That way its just as hard to steal as any other motorcycle.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 AM
1st Gear Member

klx