Stranded in the woods!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Stranded in the woods!!

Why wouldn't you just push it and jump start it instead of leaving it??

Old 06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
1st Gear Member

FM,

Couldn't help but notice the two cast nets in the background of your photo. The nearest one looks like it has some serious weight on it, a 12 footer maybe? Also noticed the way you had them suspended, have never seen it done that way to keep the weight off the horn but it sure looks like it works. Learn all kinds of stuff on this site (when it's up).

Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CousinLarry
Why wouldn't you just push it and jump start it instead of leaving it??
No push starting in sand or mud

Xerxes, never thought I would answer a phishing question on this forum, the real net is only an 8-foot Calusa weighted heavy for live bait in deep water. I sold my 12 footer, I actually can catch more bait with 8 and it's a lot quicker to reload.

Gotta catch more Googs so I can buy more mods for the bike.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, you too? I was doing a hill climb and hit a dry rocky spot and my bike flipped backwards at the top of the hill. So i dragged it down the hill (I learned a while ago that standing it up on mud just makes matters worse) and when I got to the bottom, TA DAH! no starter button. After frantically searching for 45 minutes in the rain, I decided to try and figure something out. Working on a few bikes helped. I remembered how the starter button works on the bikes. The two discs have to contact each other. So me not having the tool kit in the pouch (sandwich fits in there well) I took off the broken mirror and bent it back and forth untill the bolt part broke off and making the end flat. I just stuck the end part up in there and did my best to make them touch and it started right up like a champ

Old 06-20-2008, 11:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow! Glad you finally got out of there. Great picks!

Just acomment for those who are buyingswitches from Radio Shack and using such things as... AHEM!... molex connectors on your bike. Most every connection,or switch on a bike should beat leastwater resistant.You might luck-out, but you also could have failures at pretty inopportune times.The swtches that Mooredanfound looklike the right stuff.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

that kill switch button can be a little **** too.... down in FL, chris dropped his bike many times and one time sand got all inside the kill switch and when he pressed it it wouldnt come back out.... doh!!!!!! not cool... it took a while of foolin with to get it to release...

Old 06-21-2008, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38
Just acomment for those who are buyingswitches from Radio Shack and using such things as... AHEM!... molex connectors on your bike. Most every connection,or switch on a bike should beat leastwater resistant.You might luck-out, but you also could have failures at pretty inopportune times.The swtches that Mooredanfound looklike the right stuff.
Well if you are referring to my mod switch....you are waaaay off base.

That's a blue sea systems momentary kill breaker switch....best ya can get. If it can handle full immersion in saltwater and guarantee performance ... if it's good enough 100+ miles off-shore .....it's good enough on my dirt bike where I could WALK home if I had to. Just sayin

Old 06-21-2008, 11:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Haha! No, FM, I'm not referring to that beefy looking unit you have on yours.

However, we do have a forum regular who installs molex connectors (Computer disk drive power connectors) and Radio shack push buttons on this bike. I meanall momentary, normally open switches and electrical connectors were created equal, weren't they (tongue in cheek)?

If you never get far from home I suppose the above para is not much of an issue, just sayin[8D]

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: tremor38
Well if you are referring to my mod switch....you are waaaay off base.

That's a blue sea systems momentary kill breaker switch....best ya can get. If it can handle full immersion in saltwater and guarantee performance ... if it's good enough 100+ miles off-shore .....it's good enough on my dirt bike where I could WALK home if I had to. Just sayin

Old 06-23-2008, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Molex..yuck!!!...I agree, stick to the better quality automotive type connectors for stuff that stays on the bike. Even though i used that cheap switch for the start button..it is still going..hasn't failed yet. I cannot believe how cheap the OEM switch was, and it stuck on when it failed!...that really sucked...oh well...all is good now

Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

same thing happened to me:

i just picked this one up, just thought would post it as another option

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInf...oductid=E60016

Quick Reply: Stranded in the woods!!