Stop light slap down

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Stop light slap down

I was at a red light today and a guy pulls up next to me on his CBR600, we look at each other and do the obligatory head-nod, then the light turns green and he's gone. I usually pride myself on being the first off the line, but I felt like a wimp in his dust.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member

har har har. You aren't the only one.

Take him up to a rocky single track hill climb, a trip through the deep gravel, a slick muddy road.

Last fall, while heading out one of our main two lane arteries in 5:00 stop, snow, and go traffic, a Harley followed up to me. We rode side by side for a bit, bumping forward and back, then stopped in traffic. We nodded. Then chatted a bit, admiring eachother's rides. Traffic opened up. I let up with a wheelie. He just left.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah... "fast" isn't all there is to life. Just realize that poor schmuck is confined to riding blacktop. You have the best of both worlds!!! I can't stand it when I go riding with my son-in-law. He's on a ZZR, and I'm on my KLX... I see a great gravel road, and I have to pass on it, because he can't follow. :-( Sucks! Too bad you couldn't have done some single-track across a switch-back and then sat on the side of the road waiting for him...

Last edited by rgoers; 03-20-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

They best of both worlds is to have a Harley n a KLX...har har har

Old 03-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I always say to people, Lets race 2 miles, you pick the first mile ill pick the second. We will see who makes it both miles.

I raced a VW with my KLR650 the other day, smoked him... was pretty funny, the KLR is a slow pig too... i heard a turbo blow off valve on the VW as he did the loser fly by.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
1st Gear Member

You smoked a 2.0T with a KLR??? Must have been something wrong with that car. I know my son's '07 Passat (2.0T) is FAST! Maybe the VW driver was inept with the paddle-shifter...

Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
You smoked a 2.0T with a KLR??? Must have been something wrong with that car. I know my son's '07 Passat (2.0T) is FAST! Maybe the VW driver was inept with the paddle-shifter...
Wasnt brand new.... looked like mid to late 90's.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Yeah... "fast" isn't all there is to life.
I'm with you. I gave up on "fast" along time ago. "Fast" costs too much and you never really get to "fast". You just spend money trying to get there and there is always someone faster. I have a jeep, vw baja, and a KLX. None are fast, but all are dual sport. They all have gone where most don't. I don't have to try to get there first because I'm usually the only one there anyway.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
I'm with you. I gave up on "fast" along time ago. "Fast" costs too much and you never really get to "fast". You just spend money trying to get there and there is always someone faster. I have a jeep, vw baja, and a KLX. None are fast, but all are dual sport. They all have gone where most don't. I don't have to try to get there first because I'm usually the only one there anyway.
Niceeeeee

Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pogiboy
Niceeeeee
Yeah, I gotta justify all my slow *** vehicles in my mind somehow.

Quick Reply: Stop light slap down