Stock vs Muzzy sound files

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 04:13 AM
Default RE: Stock vs Muzzy sound files

does the muzzy have the quiet core or is it just the muzzy pipe spark arrestor or no spark arrestor just wondering thanks

Old 04-13-2006, 04:23 AM

Gravy is right his bike is quiter than mine since he has the quite core and spark arrester and I have neather.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:17 AM

Right now my bike is completly stock. If I installed the muzzy how would it effect the performance. Would I have to rejet etc or would it still run fine?

Old 04-13-2006, 08:02 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justin

Right now my bike is completly stock. If I installed the muzzy how would it effect the performance. Would I have to rejet etc or would it still run fine?
Justin, just installing the Muzzy system without opening the airbox might not require a re-jet but you'd be missing out on so much. The carb work is simple and adds so much to this great bike's appeal. If you do open the airbox, you will have to re-jet or you'll run too lean.

As for the sound, the Muzzy rep was spot on. After an hour or two of run time it quiets down a good deal as the packing expands.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

That is pretty interesting. What exactly did you do to your pipe? It looks like you went well beyond the 1/2" hole through the first baffle. Please elaborate

I removed the first baffle plate and ½ tube up to the spark arrester, then drilled out the rest. it works great for being free

Not to be an a** puddlenuts but the sound of your pipe and the Muzzy system is way different. You pipe still sounds good but it has a clangy sound to it, and the Muzzy has a deep throaty sound that im in love with. Not to mention that I would be worried about the moisture and water getting into the pipe

None taken at all [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-14-2006, 06:05 AM

Thanks Todd, I have to do all these mods. I know I MISSING OUT on so much. Don't remind me, lol. Money Is tight right now. Hoping For some more side jobs to come up to get the extra cash. Thanx again for the info.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

gotta love the kawi credit card....

Old 04-14-2006, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

Ouch, I definatley don't love my Kawi credit card[:@]. The only think I bought on it was the bike with the credit card, from what I understand anything else you buy with that card will have some Serious Interest attached to the price you pay for the item, like %17 or above, that is a little much for my taste.At least thats what my dealer told me about the card, he said not to use it for anything but this bike.

With the bike it is $69.00 a month for that special they have going on right now. At least thats what my dealer told me about the card, he said not to use it for anything but this bike.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

Be careful. Credit cards these days have many restrictions in the fine print that people never read that really hurt financially.

I am not saying that the Kawasaki credit card has predatory lending practices but, I have personally had bad experiences in the past on those "no interest" plans offered by mass market places. 0% interest when paid off in full in XX months. One late payment on any bill (telephone, utilities, other cards, etc.) and WHAM - 22.9% [:@] My credit account was sold 3 times in 12 months when they couldn't tag me with the retroactive interest rates since I paid everything on time. Those folks were really evil.....

Old 04-15-2006, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

[sm=youreright.gif]

Where is the cheapest place to get one? Linky please. LOL
JC Motors Motorcycle Exhausts had it for $339 plus $25 shipping = $364! I'm assuming the full Muzzy for the KLX300 is the one we need though... It’s an EBay store and their site doesn't show the system now, but every few days they list another one.

Quick Reply: Stock vs Muzzy sound files