Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header

Ok so some people don't like stickers, and that's cool, I for one do. So for all of us that do like the stickers here's a picture for you.
Name:  KawasakiMonster-1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  100.9 KB

Old 10-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Actually, that is a great looking bike. But I wouldn't do it - that's just me. Those stickers on that bike are all paid advertising. Kind'a like NASCAR sponsers - you don't get your logo on a NASCAR car nor on that bike without paying big bucks to have it on there. It just somehow seems wrong to me to have to fork out the money for the product, and then advertise it for free for them by displaying their stickers. I guess that's just the capitalist in me I'd be more than happy to put stickers on my bike if I got my Muzzy for free, my RK chain for free, my IMS tank for free, my Dunlop tires for free, my energy drink for free, etc, etc. But I have to pay for those - so no sticker I don't put stickers on my car either.

But I gotta say, this is a really tough crowd here. The reason we all bought our OWN bike is so we can do with it what we want. Otherwise, we'd have a single community bike that we all shared and I'm guessing that would lead to no end of fights w/regard to how we would set it up, not to mention riding schedule

Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
But I gotta say, this is a really tough crowd here. The reason we all bought our OWN bike is so we can do with it what we want. Otherwise, we'd have a single community bike that we all shared and I'm guessing that would lead to no end of fights w/regard to how we would set it up, not to mention riding schedule
i think that is the best put statement on all of the klxers yet... right on nobrakes!

Old 10-06-2006, 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

GreenKLX,

I agree with you on the whole sticker thing. I don't put them on my bike, but then I don't really understand the whole thing because I did not grow up riding bikes.

As for the comment about your sticker, that should probably have been left off as it was a back-handed jab at our resident Big Gun PR representative who chastised another member for defiling his precious Big Gun by removing the $400 sticker that he paid for.

I shouldn't stir the pot, but it sounds like from other other posts that the pot is about to boil over anyway.

BTW, your bike is really sweet. I like the black plastic. Do you know if any of those panels will fit on the 250?

Thanks,
Chris
$400 is a lot of money for a sticker!!! Anyways, I've read as much as my a.d.d. let me into the exhaust soap opera, and I don't get it. Oh well

I believe that if you wanted to you could use a 300 tank and shrouds together, but that would get expensive. The right side panels fit but supposedly the left one interferes with the batt box. Maybe you could relocate it? The rear fender would most likely work just fine, and the front headlight and fender will definately work. The fork guards seem to be the same on the 250s as the 300r, so you could do the KX guard mod also like I have done.

Actually, that is a great looking bike. But I wouldn't do it - that's just me. Those stickers on that bike are all paid advertising. Kind'a like NASCAR sponsers - you don't get your logo on a NASCAR car nor on that bike without paying big bucks to have it on there. It just somehow seems wrong to me to have to fork out the money for the product, and then advertise it for free for them by displaying their stickers. I guess that's just the capitalist in me I'd be more than happy to put stickers on my bike if I got my Muzzy for free, my RK chain for free, my IMS tank for free, my Dunlop tires for free, my energy drink for free, etc, etc. But I have to pay for those - so no sticker I don't put stickers on my car either.
My thoughts exactly. As lame as it may sound, I try to turn my bikes into what I personally think looks great, and when I finally get to that point, I feel that stickers would just cheapen the look.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

i think that is the best put statement on all of the klxers yet... right on nobrakes!
I agree here also.

For the record, I really didn't mean to come across as having a real "stand" on the sticker debate. My joke was only intended to poke fun at the "$400 sticker" post from several days ago.

I really don't care very much about stickers in general. Truth be told, I kind of would like to have a bike that I could use all of these stickers that come with stuff, but I only have the one bike, and it is my daily commuter. If I start stickerin' her up, then my wife will catch on that I am having more fun on this bike than was ever intended. It is supposed to be a "gas saving commuter vehicle" not the money pit toy that it has become. The stickers would just be a constant reminder that I am having a blast on this little baby.

If I came even close to offending anyone, please accept my apologies.

Chris

Old 10-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha not me man, i was just messin with ya.... you just happen to mention the sticker removal on the big gun, so i figured id post my pic... lol... all in good fun...

Old 10-06-2006, 02:43 PM

Good deal, EMS. I was pretty sure we were all good, but I didn't want to leave that to chance. I would rather beat a dead horse than leave it there to stink.

Ru-roh! Animated GIF of dead horse beating to be posted by deej in T-minus 3....2....1... ---- again, all good.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

im just here for fun, and to get info on making my bike better! not to have all kinda drama.... i dont have any problems with ya cwgoff. were cool!

Old 10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Group hug......in a non broke back way of course.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:18 PM

I redid my heat shield over the weekend per the changes suggested by dmar. Much better. Thanks for the ideas - especially the flattening of the shield.

My local hardware store was out of M6 acorns, though, so I still have regular old hex nuts. No jokes, please.

Anyway, thanks for the idea dmar.

Chris

Quick Reply: Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header