Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header

Nice!

Old 10-03-2006, 03:25 PM

Good job, dmar. I like the acorns much better.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmar

I just did the stock heat shield mod. I used acorn style nuts to clean things up a bit. here's a pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/2770/449ABE8B410C43EC8D45F4A03C2107E4.jpg[/IMG]
If all you guys keep posting pictures like this we will never be done tinkering with our bikes. Please make it stop. Very NICE!!!! I might have to consider that. Dang, I just want to be done, but I guess that's the fun of it right?

Old 10-03-2006, 07:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I also bent the heat shield more flat to fit better, I just hit it lightly with a small sledge hammer. Just don't over do it. I put it on the concrete floor and hit it in the center with some protection over the shield. Also I only used two stainless hose clamps with 1/4 stainless bolts, I did use a center bolt and nut but just to space it off the pipe. the two hose clamps hold good. The hose clamps i used were on the ends. I also took a grinder to the bolt heads to make it fit closer to the pipe.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:31 PM

dmar, great attention to detail. I will probably leave my 3rd clamp on just because I already have it there. With the exception of that, I am pretty much going to redo mine and implement all of your improvements. I like the looks of mine, but the pic of yours looks much more integrated into the bike. Very, very close to a stock look.

Good job again.

Chris

Old 10-04-2006, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
I did like the looks of it, though. And I don't really care about the darkening of the head pipe but I know some might. Unlike some around here I like my header to look like a header and not an ornament. I think it looks rugged and badass, myself, with a don't f**k with me attitude

I think I feel the same way. I painted my BG head and mid-pipe flat black on my 300.

This system is actually for sale if anyone is interested. I got another BG system with a quiet core that I am going to use instead.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:01 PM

In related news, a KLX owner in Iowa was rushed to the hospital today after keeling over in shock and horror upon viewing the desecration of a beautiful, shiny work of art on a dirt bike. At least you didn't take the Big Gun sticker off. That would have just been too much.

ORIGINAL: GreenKLX

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
I did like the looks of it, though. And I don't really care about the darkening of the head pipe but I know some might. Unlike some around here I like my header to look like a header and not an ornament. I think it looks rugged and badass, myself, with a don't f**k with me attitude

I think I feel the same way. I painted my BG head and mid-pipe flat black on my 300.

This system is actually for sale if anyone is interested. I got another BG system with a quiet core that I am going to use instead.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

At least you didn't take the Big Gun sticker off. That would have just been too much.
Funny you should say that, its been gone for a little while now![sm=drooldude.gif] It got scratched in a get off, and no sticker looks a lot better than a scratched up one. And, if you can't tell by my bike, I'm not really into the sticker/free advertising thing.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:48 PM

GreenKLX,

I agree with you on the whole sticker thing. I don't put them on my bike, but then I don't really understand the whole thing because I did not grow up riding bikes.

As for the comment about your sticker, that should probably have been left off as it was a back-handed jab at our resident Big Gun PR representative who chastised another member for defiling his precious Big Gun by removing the $400 sticker that he paid for.

I shouldn't stir the pot, but it sounds like from other other posts that the pot is about to boil over anyway.

BTW, your bike is really sweet. I like the black plastic. Do you know if any of those panels will fit on the 250?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

[sm=gobble.gif][sm=guilty.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=teetertooter.gif]
theres some cool little guys..... so there cwgoff... haha. just playing around...

Quick Reply: Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header