Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header

Dude!! That is awesome, why didn't I think of that? Well I can always change to the stock shield if I get tired of seeing my ugly face in the reflection on mine. Definitely one of the simplest mods yet I have to admit it is perhaps the best cosmetic mod to date.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nicely done, cwgoff!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Dude!! That is awesome, why didn't I think of that? Well I can always change to the stock shield if I get tired of seeing my ugly face in the reflection on mine. Definitely one of the simplest mods yet I have to admit it is perhaps the best cosmetic mod to date.
ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Nicely done, cwgoff!
Thanks a bunch guys. That is high praise from two guys that have added a lot to this board. I am really glad that I could give a little something back after all of the info that I have taken from this forum.

Chris

Old 09-22-2006, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Its always nice to see another honorary graduate from the Shim School of Engineering!

I don't think you'll get your own motorcycle TV series out of it, but you'll get an "Attaboy!" from me! [sm=goodidea.gif]

Hurry and come up with another good idea for a skid plate!!!

Mike

Old 09-22-2006, 10:23 PM

You guys are gonna make me blush.

Funny you should mention the skidplate. I don't have one yet, and I need one. My wife will revolt if another UPS package shows up, so I need to figure out how to do something myself to protect the guts o' the bike. I was kind of hoping that sullydirt would have some success with making and selling his so that I could get one of them. In lieu of that, I am trying to come up with something cheap as a pseudo-temporary fix.

Anyone with any ideas, please share them.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Has anyone ever thought of using some sort of rubber belting like from a conveyor belt? Some of that stuff is 3/8 or better, and would stop a bullet. We have so many lumber and shake mills around here I just might give it a try. It would be easy to trim to fit, and heavy black zip ties would secure it pretty well. Of course it would have to pass the deej test for easy to clean and aesthetics.

Yea I looked it up its right. This time[&:]

Aesthetics (also spelled esthetics or æsthetics) is a branch of value theory which studies sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment or taste. What makes something beautiful, sublime, disgusting, fun, cute, silly, entertaining, pretentious, discordant, harmonious, boring, humorous, or tragic. Aesthetics is closely allied with, or perhaps synonymous with, the philosophy of art.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Just proportion the major features of your design using the Golden Ratio and it'll be pleasing as can be.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Yea I looked it up its right. This time[&:]

Aesthetics (also spelled esthetics or æsthetics) is a branch of value theory which studies sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment or taste. What makes something beautiful, sublime, disgusting, fun, cute, silly, entertaining, pretentious, discordant, harmonious, boring, humorous, or tragic. Aesthetics is closely allied with, or perhaps synonymous with, the philosophy of art.

Antonym: dirt·y

Old 09-23-2006, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 10-03-2006, 06:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I just did the stock heat shield mod. I used acorn style nuts to clean things up a bit. here's a pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/2770/449ABE8B410C43EC8D45F4A03C2107E4.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Stock Heat Shield on Muzzy Header