Stock header makes more low end than a full system???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Stock header makes more low end than a full system???

I've read this around here a few times before, and i'd like to see it either confirmed or disproved.

Does purchasing an aftermarket can and keeping the stock header retain more low end than a full exhaust system?

Low end pull is really what i'm after, don't care too much for OMG TAWP SPEEED DAWG!.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Stock header makes more low end than a full system???

In theory yes, no one I know of has tested it here--which means putting on a slip on, getting it to run right, test it,change the header & only the header, & test again.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 AM
1st Gear Member

The power boost i got from the header and the slip on dwarfed the stocky setup so why would i try?????My jetting is dead on and i love my FSW and FMF combo so i'm not going back.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Patrick had the full muzzy system, and on the NE ride he took it off and was gonna give it to me..... long story.... but he put the stock header back on and put the two bros carbon slip on, on he said it had a lot more low end, and he could get the front upin third and couldnt before.... so yes the stock header gives you more torque...cause its smaller in diameter.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Sounds like a interesting story EMS, what exactly were you guys doing out there in the woods?!?!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:23 AM

I have to back up the TBR pipe theory. I haven't rejetted and have no other experience with another system on this bike (so basically my opion is worth jack s#!*) but the low end feels a good.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

The power boost i got from the header and the slip on dwarfed the stocky setup so why would i try?????My jetting is dead on and i love my FSW and FMF combo so i'm not going back.
Casue you dont know what came from the header, jetting, &the slip on individually. All you know is together they are better (obviously).

EMS's trial sounds like the best proof to date.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

You will get more low-end torque with the stock header. I have ridden acouple of my riding partners' bikes. One has a Leo Vinci and the other has something equalentto one of the Pro-circuit slip-ons. Bothuseuse the stock headpipe. I have not seen the dyno torque figures, but the seat of my pants tells me they have a bit more low-end grunt than my full system. My bike'spower band is shifted upward just abit, but I'm very satisfied with it. Once I bung on the 331, it will be a complete non-issue.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, SURE, I read this AFTER my Big Gun full system is on order. And I thought I was spending that extra $150-$200 more for good reason than just putting a slip on. That could have went to my fork damage[:@]

Old 09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I got a stock header and it makes more torque then the one on my lawn mower but I could care less.
What I need is more speed.

Quick Reply: Stock header makes more low end than a full system???