Sterring dampner

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sterring dampner

ORIGINAL: kgwld1
You should. I'm looking at Ktm 530 or 690 right now I'm leaning towards the 690.
I just saw your signature.....your new 2-smoke and klx sm wheels were STOLEN...wtf!!!!! Did you get insurance money already?

btw I luv my 640, my adv with a 690 would be the shizztzz. Didn't know they were released yet or are you lookin at the enduro?

Not another 300 xc-w?

Old 05-25-2008, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

F the insurance I hired a lawyer to move this along (seems alot of fraud now) yes the 690 endo i went and rode both and liked both. No on the 2 stroke been there done that, there only going to give me so much so I can't add all the extras I had on the 300. My supermoto rims come this week for the klx, post them when I get them.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Speaking of Steering damper, I finally got to see Dust to Glory a few days ago, and one of the camera men for the guy that rode the whole thing alone had one on his Honda, and he hit a rut or rock and still broke his hand. Nothing is guaranteed.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Not sure why I capitalized steering, but I was too lazy to edit.......yea this was less time. ............

Old 05-25-2008, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
Speaking of Steering damper, I finally got to see Dust to Glory a few days ago, and one of the camera men for the guy that rode the whole thing alone had one on his Honda, and he hit a rut or rock and still broke his hand. Nothing is guaranteed.
Deej, that is like say saying I saw someone drown with a life preserver, so I won't get one

Old 05-25-2008, 06:20 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm speechless... I guess it's uselessto wear protective gear because some soccer mom is just gonna flatten me with an SUV.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Deej, that is like say saying I saw someone drown with a life preserver, so I won't get one
Actually that is a good point. I wasn't saying it was a waste of money, I guess it all depends on how and where you ride and other factors. Besides I always resist anything that cost more money. I mean if I was rich, then I suppose I would have every device you could put on a bike.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess I'm not that rich.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Guys, hurry up and get em already, I'm keen to see how they fit and what you think, I wan't one, we do a lot of rough rocky riding over here and I think a steering dampener would help. How much did you guys pay for them and where did you get them from.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

There's a fella name 'Bake' who used to visit here quite often. He had the W.E.R damper mounted to his KLX and said he reall likes it. I don't think he tested it a high speed on the pavement though. The way he put it, with type of riding he does, the bike 'wanders less.'

Quick Reply: Sterring dampner