Stand alone tuning ECU for KLX250

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grahamgower
OK, the reprogrammed EJK works on the 331 EFI, still with room to increase gas flow on the units dials.
I popped in a KK 331, plus Webcam 101 grind Cams and the little beast is pulling like a train. Maybe the injectors will handle 351 ?, maybe? any guinea pigs? Any guys gone over 331 yet on EFI?
Please dont make me another piggy.
Hey Graham, i'm 99% sure the stock injector will handle a 351

The 365 stroker kit!!!!

The main ingredient for the 365 stroker rare as rockin' horse **** kit ...is a 331 jug, all you have to do is get the crank stroked.....now that would be badass

Old 10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Figured I should add my experiences to this thread for others to read. It was a big help for me when I was considering if I should put a big bore on my bike.

My setup

2009 KLX250 EFI

KDX200 Snorkel
Twinair Filter
292cc OEM Kawasaki kit
STOCK exhaust
EJK controller

Nothing else.

Installed the kit and the controller and it fired up on first attempt and was immedietly rideable. First tank saw only 85km before the fuel light came on (125km before). I figured the base settings were a tad too rich. Ive only run 100km on the bike since the install, but I lowered the settings from 2 - 2 - 0.5 to 1.5 - 1.5 - 0.5. Bike is running better now with these settings. The bike felt fine before except from a small hiccup at 4500 rpms. This has been cured now with the lowered settings.

Ill run a tank of gas with these settings and then check milage. Then I will go down to 1 - 1 - 0.5 and run another tank. I already tried running with the 1 - 1 - 0.5 settings for a bit and I couldnt really feel much of a difference. No popping on deaccelleration or anything like that so maybe these sittings will actually be better? I just dont want to run it too lean and end up damaging something.

The verdict: Ive run the bike for 100 kilometers and I am still fine tuning the controller. All things considering, big boring a KLX250 EFI is really easy if you can or know someone who can replace the cylinder. The EJK is plug and play and super easy to use. Id still like a PCV and a professional map just to know that everything is as optimised as possible, but since I will probably change more things on the bike, I will stick with the EJK for now because I can tune it easier myself without having to buy an expensive autotune or get someone to program it on a dyno everytime I make changes. Once I am "done" modifying the bike (yeah right) i might fork out the cash for a PCV and get it run in by a pro. There is a guy around here who is legendary, but his service comes at a price that I dont want to pay for more than once

The power is AWESOME with just the 292 kit. I havent even added an aftermarket exhaust, not to mention a 331 kit and cams. This is how the bike should have run from stock!! Im loving the increased torque so much it just brings a huge smile on my face. I wanted to do a slow breakin, but I have been completely unable to stop myself from wringing the throttle all the time. Hopefully it will be okay because the cylinder and piston was bought slightly used having already done 8000km

Last edited by Nikolaj Lykke; 10-14-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Hi Nikolay
I also managed to get a 331 kit from a forum member who had done some K,s on it before he had it stolen, recovered and sold to me for spares. The bonus is it does not need the break in period, however after you and I cleaned and polished the piston crown before the new install, the neat little carbon build up is gone. You will find as this carbon replaces itself and the rings and crown start sealing up, compression will improve and performance will increase nicely. In the mean time, ride it like you stole it! Change your oil often, as it is cheap and your filter whenever you feel the urge. This will keep your motor, valves and innards fresh.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:25 PM

hi, im trying to send apitechonline a bank wire. im in the united states tho. and dont speak thai.

i bought an ecu from them but they didnt provide the swift code for their bank, or maybe a routing number. i got the account name, the bank, and the account number.

but without the swift code i cant wire them the money.

ive emailed them a few times over the last few days, but im guessing they cant read it.

can anyone here help a fellow rider out?

Old 09-18-2015, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by travesg26
hi, im trying to send apitechonline a bank wire. im in the united states tho. and dont speak thai.

i bought an ecu from them but they didnt provide the swift code for their bank, or maybe a routing number. i got the account name, the bank, and the account number.

but without the swift code i cant wire them the money.

ive emailed them a few times over the last few days, but im guessing they cant read it.

can anyone here help a fellow rider out?
You've had a lucky escape! I've owned the locked unadjustable APi ECU (NOT available anymore, due to clutch by-pass mod loosing sales) & owned the Unlimited fully adjustable APi ECU. It's to complicated for a non tech minded engineer to use IMHO, never got my head around it fully due interface difficulties etc & the instructions are badly translated with no help over the Internet or phone unless fluent in Thai. Only buy one if your based in Bangkok, then they can tune your bike in-house for you.

Power commander 5 & EJK fuel controllers are way simpler to use & do a great job with English speaking help at hand.