Some New Gear!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Default RE: Some New Gear!

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper

You gotta admire a man who turns a bad situation into a happy one.
Thank you, It really sux getting your stuff stolen! I was just so happy that all my bikes were still in my garage. It could have been much worse! I installed motion lights and an alarm on my doors. There has never been a crime in my neighborhood. It's 6 years old and after a while you get comfortable and don't double check everything. Not any more! they hit 3 houses but only got in two the third one set off an alarm. Bastards! They will get caught!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member

too bad I didn't know....I could have have got you a deal on all that...luckily your insurance covered everything

Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 PM

Sorry I didn't think about you. I have ordered some stuff for my wife form your site. Great service, good prices. Well, next time I'll check your site out first.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Is the SD R with the orange frame available in the US? I didn't see it in the website.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 PM

I went by the KTM dealer and he said he won't know if they are importing it until it gets here.[:@]I am going to check out the bike show when it starts. It is not available for 07 but I'll bet they are bringing it here for 08. At least I hope!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

I went by the KTM dealer and he said he won't know if they are importing it until it gets here.[:@]I am going to check out the bike show when it starts. It is not available for 07 but I'll bet they are bringing it here for 08. At least I hope!
I have been eyeballing the SD, Brutale, & the Hypermotard. I love the pearl orange Brutale but it is not available in the US. [:@] As for the SD, onceI have seen the SD R with the orange frame, there is no way I could settle for the other bland colorcombos they offer in the US.

BTW, the Katooom! won Motorcyclist Mag's MOTY award. The Hyper Duck won best Nekked and they said it was a very close runner up tot the Katooom! for the MOTY.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that! 3 yrs. ago I had my garage broken into and they took $60,000 worth my tools. My wonderful insurance co. fought me tooth and nail and after getting a attorney and 1yr and 1/2 later finally got them back. They tried to say I was running a business out of my garage and they won't pay.Then they had to buy them all and ship them to me. I'm so lucky I had pics or I would have never gotten anything.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:40 AM

I have been eyeballing the SD, Brutale, & the Hypermotard. I love the pearl orange Brutale but it is not available in the US. [:@] As for the SD, onceI have seen the SD R with the orange frame, there is no way I could settle for the other bland colorcombos they offer in the US.

BTW, the Katooom! won Motorcyclist Mag's MOTY award. The Hyper Duck won best Nekked and they said it was a very close runner up tot the Katooom! for the MOTY.
The KTM is one bad bike! Some time ago I took a spin on the MV Brutale 910. That isa great looking bike! I like the amount of power but it is more like a sport bike with most of the power up top and the power does not come on nearly as smooth as the Hypermotard. I liked the bike but I am looking for something that has a lot of low end power that comes on really smooth. I just love the V twins! I have never owned one so I am going to make sure the next bike I buy isa V.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 AM

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

The KTM is one bad bike! Some time ago I took a spin on the MV Brutale 910. That isa great looking bike! I like the amount of power but it is more like a sport bike with most of the power up top and the power does not come on nearly as smooth as the Hypermotard. I liked the bike but I am looking for something that has a lot of low end power that comes on really smooth. I just love the V twins! I have never owned one so I am going to make sure the next bike I buy isa V.
I know exactly where you are coming from. Ive got a ZX10, and after getting used to some small high speed handling quirlks LOVE it, but.....................its not my modded RC51. It certainly wasnt faster, but it sure as heck felt like it was!!! If it was lighter I gaurentee it would have been though!! I have been toying with the idea of replacing it for a naked bike aka KTM/Ducati/Aprilla/Triumph, I dont know though.................

Old 08-08-2007, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member

that is an awesome looking bike man. some a** wipes stole my yz 125 out of the back of my truck while it was sitting in my driveway. i still dont know who it is but bad karma for them. what comes around goes around. i loved my 2 smoke. the police were useless. i posted a reward all around town but still never heard anything. THIEVES SUCK.[:@][:@][:@] My friend who is in a wheel chair now after a bad car accident had two of his four wheelers stolen right out of his garage while he was sleeping. that is f***ed up. he was a woods racer and had alot of money invested. i hope they wrapped themselves around a tree or something.