Some new Bridgestones

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Some new Bridgestones

No, I only went about 45 on the pavement - it's just a short hop to my little play area. And I've already been ticketed on that little hop, so I try and keep in legal now lest my insurance rates go way up with a 2nd offense.

Did you say wide front? How about this?

Oh, on the 150/90 terror flex, from what I can tell while it may fit the EXC, consensus is that it would be waaaay too heavy and too hard to control for a 450. I think you might have mentioned it had some heft to it. So I won't be trying those. It's probably just right for your 600cc+ bike. I guess stick with the tires made for mere mortals like myself.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Ill tell ya what that kenda 760 was a hell of alot easier to mount than that 606 was...
I have a 606 to try at some point and the sidewall does seem pretty stiff. This Bridgestone was pretty easy, though it's sidewalls are pretty stiff also. It seated better than any other tire I've mounted - only had to run it up to about 30 lbs before it popped into place. Every other tire I've done I've had to go nearly double that.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Ha ha ha ha......I don't want to put a rear tire on the front......the sand isn't that soft. The 150/90 does have some heft to it......but terra flex does make some 120sor 130s like in your pic.....that mightwork goodon your bike.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yep, a 120 or 130 would be the size to get.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

No, I only went about 45 on the pavement - it's just a short hop to my little play area. And I've already been ticketed on that little hop, so I try and keep in legal now lest my insurance rates go way up with a 2nd offense.

Did you say wide front? How about this?

Hey, Brian. That's Z Rod's front wheel! Note the "tool tubes" mounted to his frame. I ride with that guy here in Oklahoma. He and his wife, Pam, both have them on their KLR 650 and Super Sherpa. It works well for them, especially since they both like to ride the deep blow sand on the South Canadian river a lot. Z Rod is one of those guys you always want to have along on a ride. He's as generous as they come and always has the stuff you need to get you back on the trail. He used his onboard air compressor to inflate my front tire after I tore off a valve stem at Clayton, Oklahoma last month. I had left my Co2 at home, but Z saved the day! Where'd you get that pic?

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Oh, on the 150/90 terror flex, from what I can tell while it may fit the EXC, consensus is that it would be waaaay too heavy and too hard to control for a 450. I think you might have mentioned it had some heft to it. So I won't be trying those. It's probably just right for your 600cc+ bike. I guess stick with the tires made for mere mortals like myself.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I've exchanged a few e-mails with "Z Rod", seems like a real nice fella with a good sense of humor. I found the pic on one of his posts on ADVRider.

ORIGINAL: Shadetree

Hey, Brian. That's Z Rod's front wheel! Note the "tool tubes" mounted to his frame. I ride with that guy here in Oklahoma. He and his wife, Pam, both have them on their KLR 650 and Super Sherpa. It works well for them, especially since they both like to ride the deep blow sand on the South Canadian river a lot. Z Rod is one of those guys you always want to have along on a ride. He's as generous as they come and always has the stuff you need to get you back on the trail. He used his onboard air compressor to inflate my front tire after I tore off a valve stem at Clayton, Oklahoma last month. I had left my Co2 at home, but Z saved the day! Where'd you get that pic?

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 11-14-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

If feeling adventurous another tire you might want to try is the K776F Kenda front. That's the one Patrick recommended I try when we were in NJ. The ***** are quite aggressive and stiff. I'd say it is a much better offroad tire than my front AC-10.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

the guys i ride with, the ktm 450exc, and the drz400s both have that tire in the front, i might try that next looks good.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I got some more time on the E661 this evening. It rained here most of the day so my little play area was wet and soft. The tire continued to perform well. While corning I could feel it slipping and sliding a little but never anything too dramatic, no sudden releases and I never washed out after repeated cornering. Both front and rear were sliding at the same time so it was quite invigorating in some spots. I eventually wore the path in after about a thousand passes and was was wet and slimy earlier on eventually turned to moist and tacky and it sticking very very well.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

So I guess it wasn't the tires at all! I was freaking erosion!

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I got some more time on the E661 this evening. It rained here most of the day so my little play area was wet and soft. The tire continued to perform well. While corning I could feel it slipping and sliding a little but never anything too dramatic, no sudden releases and I never washed out after repeated cornering. Both front and rear were sliding at the same time so it was quite invigorating in some spots. I eventually wore the path in after about a thousand passes and was was wet and slimy earlier on eventually turned to moist and tacky and it sticking very very well.