Some new Bridgestones

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Some new Bridgestones

I wore out my stock Metzler 6 Days Extreme - at least the top ***** are cupped and looking pretty bad. The sides are fine still, but these have to go:

I've had these Bridgestone E660/E661 (E661 is the front) for a while, I was going to use them on my KLX, but never got the chance. My rear TrackMaster-II still has some life in it, so I'll get the try out the front E661 before the rear. Got it mounted up this evening, here's what they look like:

Too late to try them out this evening. I'll see if I can try them out after work tomorrow and give a report.

BTW, I got one of those cool MRP tire changing stands - man that thing is great! Kinda spendy but it sure makes changing tires a lot easier.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Default RE: Some new Bridgestones

Great looking tires! I need a set on my KLX. Looking forward to your ride report!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Tire changer is sweet!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats pretty cool.................nice looking tyres mate I want some!
Cheers!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i like that front tire..... might have to try it out, yea those guys had one of those tire changers in NJ... nice...

Old 11-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Hey Nobrakes where do you get one of those tire stands, and what does MRP stand for? Maybe Moose ssomething? Thanks for your help and I have been eyeing one of those KTMs for awhile now I assume you are happy with yours?

Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

MRP is Mikes Racing Products - http://www.mikesracingproducts.com/mrp_web_site_001.htm

I first saw one in person in NJ over Mem. Day Weekend - one of the folks up there had one. Anything that makes changing tires easier is money well spent in my book.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ill tell ya what that kenda 760 was a hell of alot easier to mount than that 606 was...

Old 11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I got home from work as early as I could and rode until after dark. I have a little area set up to do some cornering and I pushed them pretty hard and I can definitely say that these tire stick very well on the hard'ish clay / light soil surface I have here. I did the same thing on my Metzlers this past weekend and they didn't feel nearly as planted and I washed out several times. Might be because the Metzlers seem to be a softer rubber where the E661's are harder and stiffer and bite better instead of flexing.

Sorry I don't have any sand to test in so I can't say how well they would do there. They seem a little more narrow than the Metzlers I took off but I make no claims as to whether that would be good or bad for the sand - one of you sand experts can maybe comment on that.

The **** pattern seems pretty basic but effective. It feels planted in the corners on the medium / hard pack that I was riding this evening. Of course, right now they have their nice new sharp edges - only time will tell how they continue to perform as they wear. But as long as I don't discover any bad traits I'll probably be buying another one of these.

Two thumbs up! [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

I haven't tested the rear yet, this is just the front.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Good info Brian, did you get a chance to get them up to speed on asphalt say 70+......any weave or minor shake?

As far as wide front tires go.......who makes the widest one for a 21" rim (for the soft sand). I'm looking for a front for myadv to compliment my 150/90-18 terraflex. A 100/100 or 110/90 would be ideal if it exists.

Quick Reply: Some new Bridgestones