some goofing around pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Great pics!

That Husaberg is Sic! To bad they are only importing afew of them.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SlapDrum
Great Pics. Thanks.

Nice Air!
Originally Posted by RaceGass
Great pics!

That Husaberg is Sic! To bad they are only importing afew of them.
Thanks, glad you guys liked the pics, I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I try!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

This past Sunday, I thought it would be packed at the Dayton Dirt Riders trails. I was nice, in the lower 60s, sunny, with T-storms due to arrive in the late afternoon and horrible cold rainy snowy wind weather for Monday and Tuesday. I really thought people would be there earlt to get there dirt bike fix on before the crap hit the fan. I got there about 11:30 am, nobody was there, and it was so nice. I rode up to the Dayton Motorcycle Club right down the street to see if the MX track was open, nobody there either! Crapulence!

I am very weary of riding the trails alone, so I just putted around, took some pictures, and practiced lofting the front wheel by trying wheelies and going over small obstacles around the parking area. I also took some breaks lounging around, checking stuff like facebook on my cellphone.

This is Stoney Hollow Road, where the Dayton Dirt Riders Club is. Part of Stoney Hollow Road is blocked off by big yellow gates, and between the big yellow gates is where the DDR trails and property lies. If you go straight up the road where my KLX is pointed, you will come to one of the yellow gates shortly, past that is a culdasac where the rest of Stoney Hollow Road ends, and there you will find the driveway to the Dayton Motorcycle Club and the MX track. A very short ride from the DDR trails, the MX track literally is adjacent to the trails, and they are fused together for an annual Hare Scrambles race held each November. Check out the cool gradual waterfall to the right of the guardrail, it's always nice to see.

Name:  4-5-09004.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  269.9 KB
She got a little dirty from a few evenings worth of riding, got dirtier yer before the day was through. I might get her washed tommorrow evening. Thursday after I get my taxes done, I plan to take a friend of a friend up there, who just bought a KDX200. i hope he likes it up there, it would be cool to have someone to ride with on a regular basis.
Name:  4-5-09006.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  249.0 KB
A pic of a trail right off of Stoney Hollow Road.
Name:  4-5-09007.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  317.6 KB
There are several trails leading away from the DDR parking lot, but the main one is the one leading downhill (where the Husaberg guy in the earlier pics was jumping the roots at the beginning of the trail exiting the parking lot), and it leads to many of the other trails, from mild to wild. This path is a kind of gnarly downhill with a tiny creek at the bottom, leading to an uphill, where there are a lot of cray trails to get nuts on if you desire. This shot is my bike parked at the litttle creek between the two hills, and the other two pics are of my bike parked in the same place, but the pics taken at both ends.
Name:  4-5-09014.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  320.9 KB
Name:  4-5-09017.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  318.4 KB
Name:  4-5-09012.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  245.7 KB

Last edited by lostnite66; 04-08-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

lost....you got some fun looking riding, keep posting pics.....all I get in Flatistan is soft flat sand and palmettos.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
lost....you got some fun looking riding, keep posting pics.....all I get in Flatistan is soft flat sand and palmettos.
Thanks man, and it's only just begun. Lots of riding to do this riding season, I'm just tapping into it.

I still have 2 more pics to post from the latest outing. This one shows me getting tired of sightseeing while waiting for other people to show up, so I took a break and lounged out a bit, got my snack on. Getting bored, restless, it was almost 1:30 pm at this point, storms were not too far away. I really wanted to get some good trail riding in, but waited for others.
Name:  4-5-09023.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  311.4 KB

RRRRrrr, getting even more restless, started goofing around a little in the parking lot.

Name:  4-5-09028.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  287.9 KB

Last edited by lostnite66; 04-08-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Sick Husaberg, and nice pics!!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 AM
1st Gear Member

So that's the last of the pics from Sunday, but I think I'll just keep this thread going and post all my goofing around pics here, because I just ride for fun, I'm no racer.

So shortly after that pic, someone actually showed up, a guy named Kevin and his dog Cally (not sure on the spelling). He was suprised no one else was there. He rides a KTM 250 XC 2 stroke. Another very nice guy, and fast through the woods. 10 minutes after that, a guy named Andy and his son showed up. Andy has a Yamaha WR250F and his son has a KTM200 EXC. Then another dude showed up with yet another KTM, didn't really talk to him. I went riding with Andy and his son for a while. Andy told me he rides very slow, but I had a hard time keepin up with him. They showed me some more trails, and a field with trails I didn't even know was there. Andy told me his son recently switched from a KDX200 to the KTM 200, and was having problems with the KTM because it was much more hyper than his KDX was. He seemed like he was riding ok to me though.

I've probably met and talked to at least 20 DDR riders since I joined. I have a piece of paper and an envelope in my backpack, I try to write down the names and bikes of the people I meet because I have a bad memory for that sort of thing. That's all I got or now, I'll post more here when I get some new material , lol.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BP88
Sick Husaberg, and nice pics!!
Thanks, would love a Husaberg if I knew a reliable dealer close by and had the fundage.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks for those pics, lostnite. That Husaberg is the bike, that's the one! I'd get one in a heartbeat if I could make it street legal. So cool you got to meet the pro that rides it and chat - you ought to see how long you can follow him. I bet I could keep him in sight for at least 3.2 seconds before he was just a small dot in the distance.

Great pics, looks like some seriously fun trails.

Last edited by Nobrakes; 04-08-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks man, I got some inspiration from your videos, it's great to show some riding experiences to others, it really comes in useful in the winter when there's not much else to do but go websurfing and look for some good dirt biking stuff. I still might get that helmet cam, I'd like to show my commute to the DDR trails from my house, it is an interesting 8 mile trip.

I know your KTM would be welcome at the DDR trails, I'd say at least half the bikes here are KTMs. Go orange.

Quick Reply: some goofing around pics