So I got my Big Gun this weekend, There's a problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So I got my Big Gun this weekend, There's a problem

I think the appropriate thing to notice is that it is someone in sales, ie the salesman at the dealership who is probably trying to close the sale by making it look like a bargain. The appropriate thing to say is for $XX you can have a 1200CC..................as opposed to being vague and saying you could have a 1200 which implies a 1200 model. Those two little letters are all that's needed to keep from starting a flame war, at least as far as I'm concerned it would be.

Not really any different than recommending going to the 300 kit for the KLX, a few of us here have done it and its "only $500 ish to bump it to a 300". While in no way are the KLX and HD comparable in following the principle is the same, its misleading.

Now that we have gone way off topic, I'm looking forward to hearing how you fare with BG's service as down the road I plan to replace my 250D exhaust setup with something nicer.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

Now that we have gone way off topic, I'm looking forward to hearing how you fare with BG's service as down the road I plan to replace my 250D exhaust setup with something nicer.

I'm done with Big Gun. I will remove the screw myself, Maybe buy the quite core and black end piece and that will be my last dealings with them...

Lv

Old 09-27-2006, 05:11 AM
1st Gear Member

At this stage of the game personally I would paint the endap black and not give them any more of my money. I went through this with my rc heli's. Found a shop that had oustanding prices but when I had a problem with the part I bought I got no communication from them whatsoever. I haven't flamed them anywhere I just refuse to shop there now.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL !

Old 09-27-2006, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member

DIDO !!!!!! It's amazing how a topic that started as just another person having issues with a big gun pipe, looking for help, then turns into trival arguments on who know more than the other "and" it's always the same people! Too bad .......................... This is happening alot lately which makes myself and many others hesitant to submitt posts for "information only" as I can count in the same few "ripping" it within hours.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Alright, don't make me unleash

Yea right, the only thing I'm gonna unleash is my dog after the wife makes me take her out.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

I still think the original '96 thru '02 1200S Sportster Sport is the best looking 1200 ever built and I should have bought the Cobalt Blue '99 I had my eye on, oh well.

Yeah I agree 100%. I had my eye on the exact same bike, same color. I loved how they increased the tank capacity but retained the perfect look of the peanut tank.

Quick Reply: So I got my Big Gun this weekend, There's a problem