So I got my Big Gun this weekend, There's a problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So I got my Big Gun this weekend, There's a problem

In the big picture, both Big Gun and Muzzy are good products, but as everyone's heard, both companies have had their share of mistakes the escaped through Quality Control ... which is one of the reasons why companies have Customer Service.

The point of this and other threads is that Customer Service should make up for those mistakes and give companies the chance to "do the right thing". The problem we're seeing too often is that Customer Service is turning out to be as bad as the problems they're there to resolve.

Hopefully, most customers are like Bad Bear and IowaGuy ... they get what they were looking for and they're happy with their purchases. Sometimes Customer Support needs to kick in, and people like EMS_0525 get customer satisfaction that way.

But if something's changed at Big Gun, and people like LV and myself are not getting a reasonable level of customer satisfaction, there's a problem. We can't screw Big Gun like they're screwing us, because unfortunately, they have the upper hand.

But we can help others avoid similar circumstances. Let others know that if you choose to do business with Big Gun, the only thing you might be getting is a good product ... good service is not part of the deal.

Bad Service = Bad Press

The soapbox is now free for the next speaker ...

Mike

P.S. - Man, wouldn't it be something if Muzzy's was reading THIS!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hmmmm that's weird, the e-mail notification for this post ended up in the junk mail folder in my outlook e-mail program (2003) I wonder if its because it's so long and full of drama...LOL Just kidding about the drama, but I wonder why its ending up in junk? Weird. Well I'm off to pick up the bike today and man I can't wait. Later all.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy
I do not believe in stickers however when I buy an aftermarket item. I will not coat my bike with stickers as I'm not 16 anymore.
Someone check the temperature in Hell - here is something that Iowaguy and I agree on! You won't find any stickers on my bike either. I've given all my stickers to my kids who put them on their skateboards, their tool boxes, bikes, etc.

But I don't know of anyone who has dented their Muzzy pipe. Maybe they did and I missed it, but there is no need for that. Many folks with recent purchases are reporting that the Muzzy pipe does NOT have any clearance issues with the passenger foot peg. And for us that got them a while back, and I'm telling the honest truth here, I spend literally 30 seconds at the bench grinder and took off about 1/16 inch off the back of my peg so that it cleared. Believe me, it was a lot more work installing my hand guards. 30 seconds. Is that so much to complain about, I mean, really? So did anyone here actually dent their Muzzy pipe? If so, please say so. I'd like to put some of these Muzzy Myths to rest once and for all.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I was the same way, I mean I have owned a couple dozen vehicles in my lifetime, and not one car or truck had a bumper sticker, but then I started to listen to the greatest Internet radio stations ever, (Classic Rock of course) http://www.1077thebone.com/events/hometown/ Anyway, I got a couple of bumper stickers from them and decided that it was time for a change, of course I had to get two identical stickers and space them evenly on the bumper so it looks even. I did put a few stickers on my bike just to give it that individual look, and I think I'm done. I do think it would be cool to have one of those KF stickers in the back window on the truck. As far as the Muzzy, I never had to nor would I have dented the pipe, I did take off the foot peg and round off the back side and polished it to look stock, I did however have to take off more like 1/4 inch and it still touches when I open it. But once its all the way open it doesn't touch the pipe. I might tweak it some more some day.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

na na na.... i got one...... actually i got 5.... havent used the others yet

Old 09-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I would definitely make an exception for a KF sticker, and that one looks really good, EMS. I may have to get some of yours as well as BigRigs. How many are you getting made?

Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i got 3 big ones made that look like that, and two smaller ones with out the bike that just have a big K and F then the address below, i can get more made if some one wants .... the sun was on it, its not reflective, i can get them in all different colors too...

Old 09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Do they stick on the inside of the window or the outside? Sorry for the noob sticker question.[&:]

Old 09-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

outside,,,, because i have tinted windows on my truck i got the lime green ones made...

Quick Reply: So I got my Big Gun this weekend, There's a problem