So, I E-Mailed Muzzys

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I bought the Kouba FS2 fuel mixture screw for the 09 klx250s. Are you guy sure about the ease at which you adjust the thing? I adjust my wifes with the motor running, as I can easily adjust it on the fly...best thing since sliced bread.

Chasing my te450 she can get her kawi up to 91 mph as indicated on the speedometer, her weight is 117lbs. but I know there is a OEM speedometer incorrection percentage.

Last edited by RaceGass; 10-09-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
Are you guy sure about the ease at which you adjust the thing? I adjust my wifes with the motor running, as I can easily adjust it on the fly...
People have different sized and shaped hands. I can't get the damn spark plug out unless I take the tank off..........seriously. Theres just no way I can move around in there. I don't think I could adjust a Kouba either. I want the "XRs Only" screw, its like the idle adjuster ****, only for the air screw.
________
Ipad guides

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

You want the FS2 screw. I ordered from Carls Cycle Sales since Kouba wants a $25 minimum.

I thought this screw was supposed to help a bunch, now it sounds like I've wasted $28.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Well uh, back to topic...

Its unfortunate that Muzzys does not see a problem with the way they set up the exhaust. If you're going to make an exhaust for a year model bike, you should make sure that it'll bolt right on. The best way I see to get around it, is to go ahead and remove the rear fender and fab up a new bracket for the signals and light and plate, and tuck the signals in as far as you can.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

speak with your wallets guys.. i dont care what the name on the side of the can is/was.. i wouldnt open my wallet for a pipe that didnt fit properly...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
I bought the Kouba FS2 fuel mixture screw for the 09 klx250s. Are you guy sure about the ease at which you adjust the thing? I adjust my wifes with the motor running, as I can easily adjust it on the fly...best thing since sliced bread.

Chasing my te450 she can get her kawi up to 91 mph as indicated on the speedometer, her weight is 117lbs. but I know there is a OEM speedometer incorrection percentage.
The '09 KLX250 must be significantly different if you can adjust that Kouba fuelscrew from the right side (without a trip to a burn center) or the left side (without burning your fingers a little)! And on my '06 KLX250, I couldn't adjust it on-the-fly if someone promised me 10 million dollars if I could do it. Just saying. . . .

Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Can anyone snap a picture of this installed on their KLX?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

The pipe fits fine, Mine went on in 15 minutes with no hassle at all. I haven't run mine yet (except to see how loud it is for about five minutes) as I took it off to go for my bike drivers license. jpaul310 has run his and has reported no problems with the tail light melting. The top of the can is about half an inch from my signal. the exhaust hole is way below the signal. I don't think it will be a problem at all. Maybe jpaul310 can chime in and tell us if he has noticed anything....take is away jpaul310 !!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I;ll post a pic of the kouba fuel screw on another thread. sorry for hijacking the thread.

Last edited by RaceGass; 10-10-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
Found it

I'm confused though. It says it fits any FCR pumper, but then says it fits KLX 250 and 300. Well, they don't have a pumper. Do they mean if you were to fit them with a pumper? That couldn't be, could it? I saw in the original thread this was in a few people did say it does fit the stock, and that would seem to make sense. Plus, it would also make sense that that they may possibly use the same screw for both pumpers and CVK's...so I don't know. A guy here did buy one but used it on a pumper. So I guess no one here bought this to try on a stocker?

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index...mart&Itemid=77
Posted that a few weeks ago. Someone did say they were getting one. Did anyone buy one? Does it fit OK?

Quick Reply: So, I E-Mailed Muzzys