So, I E-Mailed Muzzys

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs down So, I E-Mailed Muzzys

Curt, I've seen a few pictures of '09 KLX owners with the Muzzys on their bike. Fitment looks like there's still a little left to be desired. The pipe is about 1/4" away from the rear turn signal. Are there any plans to shorten it up just a little bit or to lengthen the mounting points to make it hang a little lower?

Thanks again.

--Sterling
The reply:

No plans to make any changes at this time

Curtis Dorn
Sales & Technical
541-385-0706 ext-107

Old 10-09-2008, 08:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Someone just had a pic up where I can swear that it was actually touching the stalk. I just pulled the trigger on the dynojet kit for the 2009 and a kouba fuel screw. I'm sure it's not long before I'll be adding the exhaust.

There must be like 2 guys here with the new muzzy kit. Have your lights melted yet? If not, any sign of any damage? One guy even fit a heat shield, just in case!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
... and a kouba fuel screw.
Is that the screw that adjusts for air mixture?

If so, got a link? I would like to get one that doesn't take a screwdriver.

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCsilver
Is that the screw that adjusts for air mixture?

If so, got a link? I would like to get one that doesn't take a screwdriver.

Thanks!
I put a Kouba fuelscrew on my '06 KLX250 a month ago and you cannot get in to turn it without using a 6" (or so ) long probe of some kind. A small stick would work out in the woods. Someone here (just recently) posted a fuelscrew with an extension and a **** on it's end so that you can actually easily adjust your mixture. I'd do a search for fuelscrews to see what comes up! Your '09 MAY be different from my '06!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 10-09-2008, 04:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JRock420
Thanks, but DAMN those things are expensive!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 04:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah no doubt,, I still dont have one yet either but I have a nice little tool lol

Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCsilver
Thanks, but DAMN those things are expensive!!!
Yeah. . . and $8.00 freight to ship it 300 miles to me. . . I think SOME of these companies take advantage of "shipping and handling"! Anyway. . . get the fuelscrew with the extension and **** on it. The Kouba unit is a bit of a pain since you have to dismount to adjust it!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Magoo
I put a Kouba fuelscrew on my '06 KLX250 a month ago and you cannot get in to turn it without using a 6" (or so ) long probe of some kind. A small stick would work out in the woods. Someone here (just recently) posted a fuelscrew with an extension and a **** on it's end so that you can actually easily adjust your mixture. I'd do a search for fuelscrews to see what comes up! Your '09 MAY be different from my '06!
Yeah, that was WestOZ that put that up. I'm pretty sure it was for a XR650 or something but its suppose to fit our bike. THAT is what you want. So you can adjust it just like your idle. Granted the Kouba is better than stock but still a pain. May as well same your money and just make a tool like I did. Took a piece of small round stock and just ground it down to a flat head and bent it at a 90 degree angle. Actually I made two, one with the flat head facing left to right, and one front to back. I did that because of the small space to work with. But that external screw would be great.
________
******* video

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Found it

I'm confused though. It says it fits any FCR pumper, but then says it fits KLX 250 and 300. Well, they don't have a pumper. Do they mean if you were to fit them with a pumper? That couldn't be, could it? I saw in the original thread this was in a few people did say it does fit the stock, and that would seem to make sense. Plus, it would also make sense that that they may possibly use the same screw for both pumpers and CVK's...so I don't know. A guy here did buy one but used it on a pumper. So I guess no one here bought this to try on a stocker?

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index...mart&Itemid=77
________
SILVER VAPORIZER

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: So, I E-Mailed Muzzys