So, How's the New KLX250S There scat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Default So, How's the New KLX250S There scat?

scat,

Today is Christmas Day, it is almost 8:00 AM out there in Washington and I was wondering how the new bike is doing?

Old 12-27-2005, 05:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So, How's the New KLX250S There scat?

I have been having a blast.I got it out christmas day and went for a short ride had family stuff to do so i could not be gone long otherwise i would never have heard the end of it[:'(].went out again today got about 30 miles on it came home and toke your advice on tearing it down. There wasnt a drop of lube on any of the bearings. A bit disappointed with my dealer what in the heck is this set up fee they charge for. They will be getting a talking to[:@], but im sure nothing will come of it. Ive installed a set of bark busters i was able to get around replacing the bars they are plugged just like todd said but a drill bit and a tap toke care of that, when i figure out how i will post pics and a how too. Later and ride safe.

Scott
Everett WA.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:00 PM

scat,

Glad to hear it was worth the wait!

I got lucky on the handlebars. One of my riding friends had just bought a set of Renthal bars for his KLR. They were the wrong bend for his bike. I had a set of ATV high bends on my KLR250. We swapped the bars. The KLX got the renthal, the KLR250 got the stock KLX bars and my friend's KLR650 got the ATV high bars. Everyone went home happy. It works out like that every so often.

Take care and keep riding.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

I have been having a blast.I got it out christmas day and went for a short ride had family stuff to do so i could not be gone long otherwise i would never have heard the end of it[:'(].went out again today got about 30 miles on it came home and toke your advice on tearing it down. There wasnt a drop of lube on any of the bearings. A bit disappointed with my dealer what in the heck is this set up fee they charge for. They will be getting a talking to[:@], but im sure nothing will come of it. Ive installed a set of bark busters i was able to get around replacing the bars they are plugged just like todd said but a drill bit and a tap toke care of that, when i figure out how i will post pics and a how too. Later and ride safe.

Scott
Everett WA.
The "Setup Fee" as far as I can tell, and only because I got in a hurry and showed up when the bike came in is to assemble a lot of the bike. When I walked into the warehouse the guy was opening the crate and I was surprised at how much there was to do to get the bike road ready. Neither tires were on, battery was not in, all fluids were on in, the handle bars were not on, the rack on the back was not on, so there is a lot to finishing the bike, just in case you really wanted to know.

deej