small trip report

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Default small trip report

me and some buddies went to the apalachicola nat'l forest last weekend. here is a small write up. oh and i took off the big gun bc i havent got my jets yet

short not high quality video link http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=PICT0045.flv

about to leave. loading up the coolers with frosty beverages.....[IMG][/IMG]

unloading at camp. thats a 660 raptor in the back. fast as HELL...[IMG][/IMG]

we mostly just rode these fire roads bc its all we could find...[IMG][/IMG]

us..[IMG][/IMG]

fire roads [IMG][/IMG]

taking a break [IMG][/IMG]

the brush got very thick [IMG][/IMG]

justin playing in some ruts on his atv 350 honda [IMG][/IMG]

ummm.....he had a hard time starting it after this..haha [IMG][/IMG]

camp, getting ready to eat!! [IMG][/IMG]

wheelie!! [IMG][/IMG]

cool trees [IMG][/IMG]

not the greatest pics, but hey, i tried!!

Old 05-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Default RE: small trip report

very nice pics.looks like a blast.nice raptor, i had one b4 the yfz.those things have a ton of torque.was someone nice enough to leave you the fire wood in the 2nd pic,i didn't notice it in the first pic.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:06 AM

actually those pallets were on the very back of the trailer you just cant see them. ya, the raptor is not mine. its my buddies and i can not believe how much torque it has! i heard the new 700 with some aftermarket stuff is insane. someone is making a upgrade with cams, porting, etc that adds 28hp supposidly

Old 05-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the pics, always excited about other riders adventures. Have fun and stay safe.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Excellent photos, Keith. Looked like a great trip. I think it'd be a blast to camp with the bike. I mean sort've like hiking where you carry everything you need for a couple of days, but on the bike instead. Haven't really worked out a way to carry much of a load on the KLX, though. The rear rack is pretty worthless for carrying much. You might be able to carry a small tent and bag on there, without too much trouble, though.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:31 AM

Nice pics. Looks like it was a good time. I'm curious about the one with your front tire in the air..you got helium in that tube or what![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-11-2006, 09:09 AM

"I'm curious about the one with your front tire in the air..you got helium in that tube or what! "

photoshop

Old 05-11-2006, 10:31 AM

You're right 1iviper.. It has to be photoshop..I think these bikes come with lead front tires..cause they sure don't want to come off the ground. I'm hoping the Muzzy will help..IF it ever get's here..[sm=headbang.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 05-11-2006, 12:44 PM

Keith,

Thanks for the great memories! We were up in Apalachicola in January - had a big dualsport rally there. About 30 folks showed up on their bikes to ride and have a blast!

Here's some info from "Tour de Apalachicola" which looks like is a "go" again for 2007 - January.

We camped at a place in Crawfordsville, Camp Indian Springs. Cost us $8 a night and breakfast and dinner were provided. Rode all around the area.

Plan on coming over next year, it will be an awesome time.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: konacoiler

You're right 1iviper.. It has to be photoshop..I think these bikes come with lead front tires..cause they sure don't want to come off the ground. I'm hoping the Muzzy will help..IF it ever get's here..[sm=headbang.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]

no,no. it will wheelie with a little blip of the clutch. i can bring it up in 2nd and ride through 4th once it's up at a balance point. as far as power wheelies with no clutch, i can only get the tire up in 1st standing up and pulling back very hard. keith

Quick Reply: small trip report